Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planet textures  (Read 5434 times)

Vohn_exel

Planet textures
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:10:53 AM »
So, I've decided that with making my own universe, I'd make custom textures. I'm pretty bad at it though. I've found the eight or so "random" textures in the media folder, but that got me thinking. Has anyone here made a skin they want to share? I didn't see a topic like this at a cursory glance, so I thought I'd make one and see if someone's made a planet skin that's really awesome!

Carnage2K4

• Faith Kicker
Re: Planet textures
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 02:36:48 AM »
I'm working on a heap of random planets, and redoing some of our solar system to HD textures (1440x720)
they will be based on the various planets in my Terra Macrocosm Test Textures, if that's kind of what your after... although I have only done 14 so far.

2 of the 1's in my next pack
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:56:31 AM by Carnage2K4 »

Vohn_exel

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 03:32:23 AM »
Oh wow, that's really cool! Those are exactly what I meant! I plan on maybe trying to make some custom skins after I get better with photoshop, lol. Really cool!

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:17:08 AM »
I have three textures in this topic I made, which you can use in Universe Sandbox if you want. I started drawing a lava planet a few days ago, but I don't think I'm going to finish it before June or something.
I remember some other topics were started about planetary textures recently.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:21:36 AM by Bla »