Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Being unhelpful - Re: I need something to do.  (Read 10683 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Re: Being unhelpful - Re: I need something to do.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »
It wasn't invented. It's just an unnocticed thing that just coincidentally works. Then someone found out that coincidental thing, and called it karma. I guess... Unless you beleive some other way.

It has to do with the way feelings are passed around. Happy is contaious. Sad is contaigious... So...

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »
It wasn't invented. It's just an unnocticed thing that just coincidentally works. Then someone found out that coincidental thing, and called it karma. I guess... Unless you beleive some other way.

It has to do with the way feelings are passed around. Happy is contaious. Sad is contaigious... So...
And I wish it wasn't even discovered.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »
It would still exist.  ;)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »
I wish karma was never invented. Seriously.
Nobody forces you to use karma... Except the karma police... But, no. Just use your common sense and think what would make the person(s) you interact with most happy.
There's no reason to be mean. You can benefit from cooperating with other people yourself. That is the reason why most viruses and bacteria don't cause disease, it's more useful to "cooperate" with the organism they live in (symbiosis instead of parasitism).
Try not to be a parasite on the world. :P

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »
Why do some viruses try to make oyu sick? If they are severe enough to kill you... then they just kill themselves.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
Why do some viruses try to make oyu sick? If they are severe enough to kill you... then they just kill themselves.
They don't have will. But there are so many viruses, so some of them will mutate and cause disease. Over time, they will become less deadly because of evolution though. The diseases that kill the organisms they infect won't be able to spread so easily, so it's more beneficial not to kill.
(And, of course, if the disease becomes a problem for a species, natural selection will also select those within the species that have better defenses against the virus).