Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Killer Whale Hunting  (Read 3776 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Killer Whale Hunting
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »
Orcas attacking a seal (I.Visser)
i found this very fascinating
and i dont want to be the seal
the comments make me lol

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Killer Whale Hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
yes to the first point
and for the second, it's because we're hunting them to extinction, unlike killer whales.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »
ehh, seals reproduce faster than that would happen, its only humans who tip the balance
if it was really survival of the fittest, it wouldn't be hard for humans to exterminate all other species within a decade. It would be a matter of money and motive. Sure, we could wipe out the ants, or mosquitoes, but how much are you willing to pay for that? Is it worth it?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
No, they wouldn't swim away
but, no, that would probably never happen without the influence of humans

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »
people don't hunt killer whales? at least not frequently....
but clubbing seals and all that propaganda about animal preservation and etc, theres tons about

karakris

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:24:30 AM »
Oh Yes - Mankind and his "wonderful" Motives.

Loads of people like Tuna - and will pay a lot of money for some types of Tuna.

There are SUPPOSED to be Controlling Quotas on Tuna Fishing - which the Scientist all agree would NOT be enough to prevent their Extinction.

However - the Fishing Consortiums of many Nations, particularly those in Japan, are almost openly exceeding these Quotes by a wide margin.  Japanese Fishers ( and others ) are catching at least 400% of the permited Quotas.
But they are not being Eaten, most of them - they are all being put into MASSIVE Cold Stores.

The Japanese Fishing Consortiums ( and others ) KNOW that the Tuna will all be EXTINCT within Ten Years maximum.  Then - Tuna Flesh will be like Gold Dust - some people, somewhere wil pay almost ANY PRICE to eat thawed Tuna Flesh.
The people who own the Cold Stores will only have to wait until they can sell Tuna for $30,000 per Kg, $300,000 per Kg, $3 Million per Kg, or whatever - because there will be NO OTHER TUNA ON EARTH AT ALL.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:54:27 AM »
wow thats pretty smart (i admit, i might do the same thing if i were them :P)
but aren't there fish farms and such? i could start a massive fish farm and tada! tuna!

also can't wait for 3d printers to be advanced enough to just copy tuna meat :P thatd be interesting