Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Steamworks Wrapper Error  (Read 9973 times)

Spaldy

Steamworks Wrapper Error
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
Hi there,

I just grabbed a copy of the Sandbox via Steam now that it's been released today, but can't seem to run it.

When running from the Steam client, I get the following error message:

Unable to load DLL 'SteamworksWrapper.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Error Code: 2.1.0 Steam - PPOHO

When I dismiss the message, the loading graphic remains as Form 1 in my active applications, and the Universe Sandbox process remains in my active processes, but nothing else seems to happen.

Just wondering what's going on here?

scottc320

Re: Steamworks Wrapper Error
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »
I'm having the same exact problem, hope there's a fix soon...

Spaldy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
Good to know I'm not the only one ^_^

I'm thinking it's probably something to do with the way the program is interacting with the client, but that's just a (very) wild stab in the dark.

First thing I did was veryify my local files via Steam as well, which are all good, so the copy I've got on my system matches that on the Steam servers, so just looks like an interface bug with the program and Steam.

Hopefully it'll be corrected soon.  This was the first I'd come across Universe Sandbox and it was right up my alley, so a bit disappointed I can't get it going right away.

Cormoran

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Yep same problem here.

And I guess it's universe sandbox 2 even though there's no number on steam.

DJKaySee

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »
Easy.

Me & and IRL mate just purchased this and we are also having the same issues. Tried all that Install and un-install and rebooting but didnt solve anything.

Glad the error is happening now as its 23:00 and i got work at 03:00 so i wont be kept up all night playing :-).

Will check Back on the morrow to see what the crack is.

And I guess it's universe sandbox 2 even though there's no number on steam.

Yes to that one mate i saw Dan post on another topic saying steam IS the Universe 2 version

kururin55

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »
I am also getting that error. Also, when trying to uninstall, I got some funky error messages and stalls.

Chron

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »
same here. i get a message to run the application in safe mode, but it doesnt start up.  

Universe Sandbox has encountered a problem.
Would you like to try running in safe mode next time?

Safe mode uses fewer graphical features which
may allow Universe Sandbox to run successfully.

no matter which option i chose, the loading ring icon loads, then this message pops up.

Die DLL "SteamworksWrapper.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.

Error Code: 2.1.0 Steam -  PPOHO

rebooted PC like suggested, didnt fix it. verifying game cache in steam did not fix either. taskmanager shows a "form1" task which i have to force kill and to uninstall the software through steam, i have to restart steam again.

not sure if it helps, but my steam is not installed on my main C: drive. only OS/drivers and random software.

core i7 860
nvidia gtx 280
win7 pro 64bit on SSD

pls fix

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
not sure if it helps, but my steam is not installed on my main C: drive.
I don't think that's the problem. I have Steam installed on my E: drive and am able to run the program.

pal670

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
To solve this I registered and found the solution for you guys!
Go into your steamapps/common/universe sandbox folder, then go into the prerequisites folder, install the vc_redist_x86_2010.exe.
Problem solved, I just think the installer isn't calling upon the exe upon installation, therefore causing the problem.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »
I'm really sorry that this happened. This problem has already been corrected on Steam, but if you tried to install it earlier, the fix doesn't work.

Here's the fix:

Open up the folder where Universe Sandbox is installed, probably this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\universe sandbox\Prerequisites

And run this file:
vcredist_x86_2010.exe

This is the same as this file:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84

If you're still having problems, confirm that .NET 4 is installed by running this file from the same folder:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

Chron

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »
I'm really sorry that this happened. This problem has already been corrected on Steam, but if you tried to install it earlier, the fix doesn't work.

Here's the fix:

Open up the folder where Universe Sandbox is installed, probably this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\universe sandbox\Prerequisites

And run this file:
vcredist_x86_2010.exe

This is the same as this file:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84

If you're still having problems, confirm that .NET 4 is installed by running this file from the same folder:
dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

this fixed it for me. thank you very much for the quick support :)

Spaldy

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Did it for me too.

Seconded on the thanks.

^_^