Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2624210 times)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #5490 on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:55 AM »
>;

stuffhappens

« Reply #5491 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:41 AM »
When will the server be shut down? As in date.

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #5492 on: November 08, 2012, 08:37:41 AM »
I guess its better to find it now than never...

The third stronghold has been found

Expedition to defeat the ender dragon before the server shuts down?

EDIT: Its crazy, either there is no end portal or its far away. I have not found it and there have been no silverfish.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:16:47 AM by Yqt1001 »

smjjames

« Reply #5493 on: November 08, 2012, 09:25:28 AM »
Sorry, but I will close Blacraft. I will cancel it when it asks me to renew it when this month runs out. It was really fun to play with you on there for more than a year.

Also I will consider a way to make the map public or something so people won't lose what they've spent time on making, but please be patient.

What, why?

Still though, aw man, and yeah I had fun on it and all.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #5494 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
Kol Blacraft is shutting down *makes evil blans for Darkraft to take over usforums*

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5495 on: November 08, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »
if bla gives the map; i'll host it somewhere :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #5496 on: November 08, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
If people could make some poll or something if someone wants to host it then I can give the map to only that person so that all people won't be able to use the map unlegitly if it's hosted.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5497 on: November 08, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
well i could host it; i don't care particularly if i do or not, but the hoster should make sure bukkit is installed and keep all the more important plugins (lwc and chdistant farm and the chestcart one).

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5498 on: November 09, 2012, 10:38:42 AM »
Lol I feel a bit sad about closing Blacraft... yes... And I can afford it atm.
Generally I don't like the idea of having more admins, but if people would be less expectant on me regarding maps, bugs, plugins, I guess I can continue Blacraft.

I'd also like to find a solution to collective storages which is more ideal than the current one where I tp around every Saturday and graph storages. I would appreciate if we could make more strict rules on them and make the storages more clean so graphing is faster. Idk.

Depends on what people want.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5499 on: November 09, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »
Is it a practical to have everything perfectly organized? For example after a quarry or a construction project i may have some stacks of materials left. Ideally i'll bring them to the collective storage but i can't fit it all in my inventory. While i can make multiple trips is it worth the effort to bring back 3 bones, a spider eye, 17 sand, and 13 gravel along with 3 pork chop and a feather? What if you have a farm, can you leave some seeds in there to avoid having to travel to and from the storage? What materials are worth putting in collective storage. If i'm not the kind of person to go around killing creepers for gunpowder but i happen to have 3 or 4 gunpowder randomly must it go in the collective storage or can i just leave it in the closest chest. What about food? Can some be left in chests around the place so that running around to get some bread is easier.

Also what if i use wood in X location in desertopia more and i use stone in Y location in desertopia more. Obviously two storages will make graphing harder, but one storage will waste even more time spent moving around.
/rant

I think we should require the owners of each region to give a list of their total materials and update it weekly, if the amount of something has changed significantly. This solves the problem of spending time teleporting and graphing materials in chests which may be poorly labeled/confusing. In addition it allows greater flexibility with storages and materials.

smjjames

« Reply #5500 on: November 09, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
Yeah, I tend to leave stuff all over the place myself.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5501 on: November 09, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
I never said anything about that......... whatever.......

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #5502 on: November 09, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
I'd also like to find a solution to collective storages which is more ideal than the current one where I tp around every Saturday and graph storages. I would appreciate if we could make more strict rules on them and make the storages more clean so graphing is faster. Idk.

What would be the ideal layout for collective storages?

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #5503 on: November 09, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »
Welp, I guess it could be like, no more plugins, updating the world  map every only 2 or 3 months, and maybe you could like count the storages every month, and the owners of our nation would have to count it every week. (like you check to make sure were not lying by counting every month)

And you could make catergories in which you sort items into. (But I really don't want to go to my bottom floor everytime i want to brew potions to get ingrediants; kip has a point).

I dont think there are a lot of bugs left; i randomly sufficated while walking around in spawntown in full diamond set (set includes sword and pickaxe) with good enchantments, but wtf i have more diamonds. like, if you die of a glitch, too bad.

Bolded the important points.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5504 on: November 09, 2012, 04:48:59 PM »
lolok

smjjames

« Reply #5505 on: November 09, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
Bong, could you get over to my mob xp farm and remove the private protection you put on the sign so I can move it over?

What was the point of putting a private protection on it anyway?

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #5506 on: November 09, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
explained it to you

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #5507 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:57 PM »
A new poll

Should the UBSR collective storages equally (in %) provide 375 iron and 55 gold for the construction of a 1030 block rail line from Capital, Aahrus to Desertopia?

And before anyone votes no, the main infrastructure for it (other than the rails mostly) is up. Including Blacraft's most useful bridges! (dual truss, bottom = road, top = rail)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:35:02 PM by Yqt1001 »

smjjames

« Reply #5508 on: November 09, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »
Anybody know where that iron Aquahelmet is? Because I'd like to use it.

Also, yqt, this is the door I was talking about that had a private lock on it, not sure if that one by bong was intentional or not. Theres nothing inside it besides two furnaces and two crafting tables.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:20:37 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5509 on: November 10, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5510 on: November 10, 2012, 02:32:18 AM »
Ok, the atrium poll won, so Kipz, tell me when I can give you the 2300 coal.

And thanks for posting the other poll on the wiki, voted for.

Edit: Mudkipz, please clean up the public storage in Desertopia. I think the wood and coal was spread out in at least 3 different chests and there are no signs showing which chests contain what. I think there was even dirt in the sand chest row. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to check the storage when things are so disorganized.

And Bong, I also recommend you clean up your storage a bit.

It would help if people would make specific chests for:

Iron
Gold
Emeralds
Diamonds
Lapis lazuli
Coal
Wood
Obsidian
Glowstone
Sandstone
Bricks
Nether bricks
Stone
Glass
Wool

I don't graph other things, and in the end I'd like this to be the things which are allowed to be stored in collective storages, where everything else will be public or powertool-system.
Maybe I should set up a poll for this.
Collective storage item definitions could be updated in the future if people think we need more items to be stored.
And maybe there would be a warning-penalty system where if you persistently ignore making your storage more organized, items may be confiscated and moved to other storages.

Do people need a guide for how to organize them? Otherwise look at Aahrus, Oasis City or Spawntown.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:37:09 AM by Bla »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #5511 on: November 10, 2012, 05:02:10 AM »
can i make my public storage my collective and collective my public? my public has a lot mroe room

smjjames

« Reply #5512 on: November 10, 2012, 06:15:36 AM »
Again, anybody have an aquahelmet I can use, such as the iron one I had made a few months ago and gave to the powertool building? Or maybe I'll just make my own.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5513 on: November 10, 2012, 06:50:31 AM »
There should be two aquahelms in the powertool storage, just tell me if you make a request.

Bong, yes you can swap them, I just need to know the coords of your collective storage.

smjjames

« Reply #5514 on: November 10, 2012, 07:18:08 AM »
There should be two aquahelms in the powertool storage, just tell me if you make a request.

Bong, yes you can swap them, I just need to know the coords of your collective storage.

I made a request for one of the aquahelms.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5515 on: November 10, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
-snip-

i'll fix the collective storage asap.
also why only those block should be in collective i would like to see the following be collective items:
wheat
seeds
foods
potions
books
sugarcane
gunpowder
blaze rod (and associated products)

oh and http://savoirfaire.com/media/wysiwyg/did-you-know/did-you-know_6.jpg

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5516 on: November 11, 2012, 02:38:11 AM »
The more items which are allowed in collective storages, the more there is to graph.

It is easy to harvest extremely large amounts of wheat so it seems unlikely that we would have a problem with wheat in public storages. Same with seeds. I've never had a problem with it in Spawntown's public storage.
And sugar cane, the same, it's easy to get ridiculous amounts... Gunpowder can easily be farmed in large quantities. If someone really decides to take ridiculous amounts of it I can check who did it.

Some nether items I can understand why you wouldn't keep completely public, but it would be nice to have them in a powertool-style storage instead. The resources in collective storages are also there because they're the sort of things you could need for large projects. You don't build a pyramid out of blaze rods.

Also, I might get extremely angry if I need to spend more time explaining this, so I recommend not arguing more about it.

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #5517 on: November 11, 2012, 02:44:31 AM »
Also, I might get extremely angry if I need to spend more time explaining this, so I recommend not arguing more about it.
NO! NO ONE WANNA A EXTREMELY ANGRY BLA!

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5518 on: November 11, 2012, 08:47:57 AM »
meh ok i go through wheat and seeds at like a rate of 1 chest/day but i guess as long as no one else also needs large amount of them they could stay public

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #5519 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '88944'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:23:38 AM by FiahOwl »