Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2624180 times)

smjjames

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #4620 on: August 11, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »
letting us have the seed was a bad, bad idea

Lol. I think I'll use it to investigate some stuff though.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4621 on: August 11, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »
letting us have the seed was a bad, bad idea

Lol. I think I'll use it to investigate some stuff though.
...thats exactly the reason bla didn't want to show it :P

smjjames

« Reply #4622 on: August 11, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
I think the nether generated differently though.

Could it be possible that the strongholds generated in different places in the newer generated world using that seed?

Also, where Kaeshar would be, theres an ocean, which would explain the biomes getting screwed up. However, everything that generated post 1.2.5 is there such as that village south of Kaeshar and Amazonis/Jungle Cove outpost.

Anyways, going to see what the heck I saw around the -5000 border because my curiosity is just begging me to find out more.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:19:04 PM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #4623 on: August 11, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
I've used it to get xp and the grinder kills almost all the skeletons it seems.

Btw, Smj, I can confirm that the terrain generation isn't like the old one, based on going to the edge between old and new terrain generation. Fiah also showed that in his screenshot.

Guess again Bla, take a look at these two pics, now look at the southernmost border on the map where the mushroom island is, take a look at the image, this is THE SAME ISLAND (minus the trees anyway) I saw in the same location on Blacraft post 1.3.1. Don't believe me? Look at the village, look at the map, this is the same village as the one in Blacraft when I found it yesterday, the area has the same features even!

I'm not saying that we were wrong in cropping the stuff because we didn't know whether there would be a chance of it generating differently, but you're acting like I'm seeing things with the generated areas when I know what I saw because I had explored there before.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:22:39 PM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4624 on: August 11, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »
kol smjjames

you two make me giggle

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #4625 on: August 11, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '78696'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:08:48 AM by FiahOwl »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #4626 on: August 11, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
your giggling makes me evil

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #4627 on: August 12, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »
Ok, some areas may be generated similarly then. But others aren't, as the chunky borders show, unless those are from pre-1.2 areas. It was this way too in another update (village area south of Edgeland, roughly similar after being deleted and same village, but still didn't fit into the areas around it).

Also, everyone please delete the seed if you wrote it down. I hadn't thought you were going to use it to cheat. Hadn't imagined you could find strongholds because of it, but now that I think, that's not even a legit way of finding them. I don't really know what to do now.

Stupid of me to give away the seed, now please delete it if you want to play on this legit server which is meant to be legit.

I hope I can trust everyone to do this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:29:16 AM by Bla »

Shadowlordko

« Reply #4628 on: August 12, 2012, 05:27:14 AM »
Um i got un white listed for blacraft so i cant get on

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4629 on: August 12, 2012, 05:36:54 AM »
Sorry, I've put you on the whitelist again. It seems like the copy of the whitelist I have doesn't have all the users on it.
I see PhantomNinjah wasn't on it either.
Some other people were missing as well, the whitelist should be fixed now and everyone should be back on.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:43:10 AM by Bla »

FiahOwl

« Reply #4630 on: August 12, 2012, 05:53:38 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '78706'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:08:45 AM by FiahOwl »

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #4631 on: August 12, 2012, 06:31:34 AM »
What seed?
this?

okay, i dont remember of the seed anyway xD

smjjames

« Reply #4632 on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
Ok, some areas may be generated similarly then. But others aren't, as the chunky borders show, unless those are from pre-1.2 areas. It was this way too in another update (village area south of Edgeland, roughly similar after being deleted and same village, but still didn't fit into the areas around it).

Also, everyone please delete the seed if you wrote it down. I hadn't thought you were going to use it to cheat. Hadn't imagined you could find strongholds because of it, but now that I think, that's not even a legit way of finding them. I don't really know what to do now.

Stupid of me to give away the seed, now please delete it if you want to play on this legit server which is meant to be legit.

I hope I can trust everyone to do this.

I've deleted the Blacraft copy seed generated world and I don't even remember what the seed was, other than some negative number.

I didn't use it to explore any further than I had explored in Blacraft as it would spoil the experience of exploration. I did spot a desert temple, but I don't even remember the exact location (nor did I want to).

lol hellpotatoe.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4633 on: August 12, 2012, 06:39:21 AM »
Kolpotatoe.

Good.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:55:24 AM by Bla »

smjjames

« Reply #4634 on: August 12, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
I couldn't even pinpoint the location of the stronghold that Fiah said was in the swamp besides the fact that its somewhere in the swamp. Theres hints that it might be more on the land than out in the swamp itself.

I wasn't making a real effort to triangulate it anyway.

Enough talk about searching for it on parallel copy world Blacraft (which btw, had a jungle where spawntown would be) since I've deleted it and we should set up an expedition.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4635 on: August 12, 2012, 07:28:09 AM »
About the stronghold, what do people think we should do? It wasn't found legitly.

Remove it?
Destroy 5-10 ender eyes or something like that to pay for finding it unlegitly and set us back in the progress of getting to The End?
Just ignore that it was found unlegitly and use it?

I think we should destroy 5-10 ender eyes. Spawntown has 3, I think, and around 11 ender pearls, no blaze rods left afaik.

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #4636 on: August 12, 2012, 08:01:04 AM »
About the stronghold, what do people think we should do? It wasn't found legitly.

Remove it?
Destroy 5-10 ender eyes or something like that to pay for finding it unlegitly and set us back in the progress of getting to The End?

I think we should destroy 5-10 ender eyes. Spawntown has 3, I think, and around 11 ender pearls, no blaze rods left afaik.
So, lets destroy the 5-10 ender eyes and start a search for a blaze spawn :)

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #4637 on: August 12, 2012, 08:02:52 AM »
I got 10 stacks of nether warts :D

smjjames

« Reply #4638 on: August 12, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »

Remove it?

So, lets destroy the 5-10 ender eyes and start a search for a blaze spawn :)

I know theres a nether fortress relatively close (maybe 200-300 blocks?) from my nether portal in Amazonis, so we could investigate that. The location is kind of out of the way though. So maybe we could look there?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4639 on: August 12, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »
There's a road to a nether fortress from the Spawntown nether base anyway. It's very close to the base.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4640 on: August 12, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »
a stone shovel will, on average, mine 4.8 blocks per second
diamond unenchanted, 5.443
diamond enchanted, 2.1 blocks

this is including all the times for enchanting, materials, mining, etc.

so i think for shovel it is best to unenchant.

(at level 30)

will calculate pik later

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4641 on: August 12, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
But one important thing is also, even if it's theoretically faster to not enchant a diamond shovel and just gather more tools, will you in fact do that? Our diamonds have been steadily depleting in Spawntown when I made them public. Our diamond stockpiles don't seem to be growing very fast. Maybe it's faster to gather diamonds in strip mining, but I haven't done strip mining for a long time because I prefer splunking atm.

I think enchanting them is still a better idea, even though it may be slower, unless you make some system like going out to mine the diamonds before or after you use the tools you make from them.

What is the time for enchanting? :P

FiahOwl

« Reply #4642 on: August 12, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '78721'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:08:43 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4643 on: August 12, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »
thoe figures were fudged
correct values are
5bps for stone
7.2bps for diamond
2.34 bps for enhant diam

and this accounts diamond

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4644 on: August 12, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »
as long as we have diamonds there is no reason to quarry the slower way, we shlouf just use until depleated? diamonds were mined to be used anyway.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #4645 on: August 12, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
bla why not just delete the fucking stronghold

or make endermen have a 1 in 666 chance of dropping an ender pearl

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4646 on: August 12, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
as long as we have diamonds there is no reason to quarry the slower way, we shlouf just use until depleated? diamonds were mined to be used anyway.
I really don't agree with that. Yes, they were mined to be used, but that doesn't mean we should use them all on tools. First of all, it would make the graphs look really ugly to suddenly use all the diamonds. And we may not know what we will need in the future. It's a bit like you stockpiling the books for this update. Diamonds are also used for other things than just tools, music players for example. They can also be used for decoration, like in a big project. I think it's better to use a sustainable amount of it on tools, while letting our stockpile rise. That way we don't get used to overusing diamonds and we won't suddenly get into problems if we run low on them, and we should have enough for big projects if we decide to use them for decoration.

Also, in your calculations, do you take into account the xp gained from mining and smelting the ores you gather? I may have got like 47 diamonds from splunking yesterday, using half a diamond pick, but I also got 36 levels...

bla why not just delete the fucking stronghold
First of all, it would take hours to do this because of download and upload etc. So I don't "just" delete something like that.
Secondly, if I did delete the chunks, a new stronghold would simply generate (I think at least) in the same location.

or make endermen have a 1 in 666 chance of dropping an ender pearl
I can't change that and I don't see any reason to do that either.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #4647 on: August 12, 2012, 10:20:07 AM »
the reason: to make filling that portal 6660 times harder

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4648 on: August 12, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »
Why exactly? And we already have enough ender pearls to fill it, we just need the blaze rods for some of them. We already have at least 3 eyes.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #4649 on: August 12, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
ok then make 1 in 6000 blazes drop a blaze rod