Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2624088 times)

smjjames

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #4200 on: June 11, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
Ok, you don't have to give them now, but preferably before Thursday. Maybe we could also make restrictions on what you're allowed to store in collective storages? If we have plenty of, say, cobblestone, there's no reason to protect it anyway.

And Fiah, I guess you know, but if you take a lot from the public storages and then leave, we may demand it back.

You should already have the coords of mine.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #4201 on: June 11, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
I don't.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #4202 on: June 11, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '72663'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:38:58 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4203 on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
so is stealing from the public

smjjames

« Reply #4204 on: June 11, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »
I don't.

I thought I did, way back when you asked about it last time. I'll give them in a couple minutes.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4205 on: June 11, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »
You did give them, but I don't have them anymore. Not sure if I wrote them down, but when you gave them, I/we hadn't determined the solution to the statistics problem.

smjjames

« Reply #4206 on: June 11, 2012, 02:40:36 PM »
What if I hid it in the depths of the great southern wilderness? >:D
It's not like any plugins which log anything exist or anything at all...

But that is unlegit >:(

They're also anti-griefing tools on other servers.

I do have a few base camp stashes here and there, but they're just meant to be local storage, not a hidden base.

Coords for the collective storage floor are -744, 55, 1270

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4207 on: June 11, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
Are they private chests?

And yes, the anti-cheating/stealing/griefing tools will absolutely remain, they're apparently necessary, although you could wish they were not. I don't really see any reason why people would have a problem with them though, except for the lag and RBS which some older plugins used to cause.
Anyway, I won't even spend time discussing them. They're necessary and I don't care if people consider them legit or not.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4208 on: June 11, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »
kol bla just did a srspant

smjjames

« Reply #4209 on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »
Are they private chests?

I think the one at the abandoned mine entrance near the Jungle Cove outpost station might be, I don't remember if the other two at the entrance for the western abandoned mines entrance in Amazonis are or not (theres actually a separate 'base camp' next to the portal, that one is public). The one that I used for a 'base camp' in the abanoned mines that's only accessable from the cargo route is public.

I really just use them as storage/dumping from spelunking runs.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4210 on: June 11, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
Well I think it'd be best if we kept private chests in the collective storages.

smjjames

« Reply #4211 on: June 11, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
I also made a few chests in the warehouse private, but that was after a whole lot of stuff went missing from Narus public storage, I may have unlocked them later.

Theres also a small chest in the lower floor of the outpost which is private, but I had made that for supplies early on, probably doesn't need to be private anymore.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4212 on: June 11, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
Instead of making chests in the public storage private, I'd say make some private chests in the collective storage instead. Move (most of) the stuff into those.
Also, what happened in Zuntriio shouldn't happen again, at least it'll be a lot easier for me to find out who did something like that now, although I could continue to investigate what happened in Zuntriio.

smjjames

« Reply #4213 on: June 11, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
Instead of making chests in the public storage private, I'd say make some private chests in the collective storage instead. Move (most of) the stuff into those.
Also, what happened in Zuntriio shouldn't happen again, at least it'll be a lot easier for me to find out who did something like that now, although I could continue to investigate what happened in Zuntriio.

The warehouse is technically private storage, the Bazaar is the public storage, but yeah, making a separate private storage chest or two would be better.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4214 on: June 11, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »
we should be able to stockpile materials, say, for a regional project, in private chests. if i wanted, maybe, 20 diamonds for a project, i should be able to put them somewhere where they cannot be taken or poll'ed away. or is that already a thing?

smjjames

« Reply #4215 on: June 11, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »
we should be able to stockpile materials, say, for a regional project, in private chests. if i wanted, maybe, 20 diamonds for a project, i should be able to put them somewhere where they cannot be taken or poll'ed away. or is that already a thing?

I think that may already be a thing.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #4216 on: June 11, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

What happened to what in Zuntriio?

smjjames

« Reply #4217 on: June 11, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
What happened to what in Zuntriio?

If anyone in here took approx 231 iron, 55 gold, 5 diamonds, 52 redstone, 216 coal and 241 lapis from the public storage in Zuntriio, tell me now. I didn't want to spend my summer vacation investigating things like this, but the more time I spend, the harder the punishment there will be when I find out who did it, assuming they actually wanted to snatch all the things for themselves and weren't just not thinking about the fact that they took way too much.

And Ventus, make a collective storage and lock most of the rate things up in this. You can't say someone stole from you when you store it in a public storage. Ofc it is not okay to treat our public resources like this without speaking with the person who manages a region, but still, to prevent something like this another time, lock most of your really valuable stuff up. This applies to everyone.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4218 on: June 12, 2012, 03:09:34 AM »
No, you cannot save items where you cannot make polls to take them away. We are meant to share and help each other, this means that we can vote to use all our resources on projects. You are not allowed to hide resources from other people, either they must be public or they must be stored in collective storages. If you don't like someone's project and think it takes too many of our resources, argue and vote against the poll. Hiding our resources from each other won't get us anywhere, then the UBSR would be pretty much pointless.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #4219 on: June 12, 2012, 03:11:58 AM »
kol
* Darvince leaves usbrusbr

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4220 on: June 12, 2012, 03:38:57 AM »
The idea of a single collective storage has pretty much been abandoned already. I'd prefer if we could discuss things without people leaving before we've done anything. I haven't implemented anything yet.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #4221 on: June 12, 2012, 05:07:42 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '72742'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:38:22 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #4222 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:16 AM »
No, you cannot save items where you cannot make polls to take them away. We are meant to share and help each other, this means that we can vote to use all our resources on projects. You are not allowed to hide resources from other people, either they must be public or they must be stored in collective storages. If you don't like someone's project and think it takes too many of our resources, argue and vote against the poll. Hiding our resources from each other won't get us anywhere, then the UBSR would be pretty much pointless.

Unless 20 diamonds is all you have, you could just take the diamonds that were voted away from your usual storage.

Stockpiling resources in a central location for a regional project is fine.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4223 on: June 12, 2012, 10:46:59 AM »
New world map: http://zoom.it/UhcU
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:51:01 AM by Bla »

smjjames

« Reply #4224 on: June 12, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »
New world map: http://zoom.it/ingJ

Hrm, it's not showing the several stone buildings that I constructed at that village to the south, or the torches I placed. Which was a few weeks ago.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4225 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:13 AM »
Wrong link, fixed.

smjjames

« Reply #4226 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
So, it appears that the borderguard is now at 8km. There is a mushroom island to the west of Kaeshar.

Edit: I wonder if we'll have to be careful about going too far because the explored area to the far northwest looks a bit ragged for some reason.

Edit2: Whats that odd grey rectangle in the upper portion of the unclaimed area between Darv-A, Kaeshar, and Auspikitan?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:36:30 AM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4227 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »

This makes it impossible for you to build anything that people don't want you to even if it's out of materials you mined on your own. They can simply just poll and vote away at your materials and/or stop your polls.

smjjames

« Reply #4228 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »

This makes it impossible for you to build anything that people don't want you to even if it's out of materials you mined on your own. They can simply just poll and vote away at your materials and/or stop your polls.

Isn't that what the collective storage is for?

Still, I agree here, we should be free to be able to do what we want in our regions.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4229 on: June 12, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
People can just poll away materials in your collective storage.