Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2623830 times)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #4170 on: June 02, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
hehe, the plan is for me to have at least 20 stacks of books so when leather is needed i'll be in no panic to build any farm for the forseeable future

ink farming is much more difficult. I'm planning of making something like a huge rectangle of suspended water in vinelandar (because it has shallow oceans, thus less competition for spawn space), and then make a funnel and kill all squid manually or by fall damage

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4171 on: June 02, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
Also where is the silk pick axe gone. I'd undestand if someone used it all, or accidentally lost it, but it seems that it just dissapeared or was taken??? This makes me mad.

smjjames

« Reply #4172 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:27 PM »
I was actually imagining something more complicated involving pistons and a large enough pool, which might as well devolve into wading out there and smacking the squid.

Maybe you can take advantage of the fact that they tend to head for underwater pockets of air? I kept having them attempt to enter the rail tunnel and beach themselves while I was building the underwater portions.

As far as the silk touch pick goes, bong reported it missing a couple days ago and I don't remember if I saw any enchanted picks in the dump chests when I went to grab a bow the other day

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #4173 on: June 07, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »
So here are the latest statistics on Spawntown Collective Storage:

http://blacraft.createaforum.com/blacraft-general/spawntown-collective-storage/

This week was generally a good week for the economy.

And I'm taking this poll down, so here are the results:

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4174 on: June 10, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »
kol my lava storage silos have over 200 cubic meters of lava.

smjjames

« Reply #4175 on: June 10, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »
I'm sure you'll share those, right?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4176 on: June 10, 2012, 09:24:07 AM »
uhh, they're for mass smelting because i need to smelt 60,000 cobblestone for something, but sure, you can use some...it'd probably be easier to grab it yourself from the nether than traveling several kilometers on minerail for a few bucketfuls.

smjjames

« Reply #4177 on: June 10, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
uhh, they're for mass smelting because i need to smelt 60,000 cobblestone for something, but sure, you can use some...it'd probably be easier to grab it yourself from the nether than traveling several kilometers on minerail for a few bucketfuls.

True.

Need to create a shelter over the netherportal first though.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4178 on: June 10, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
continued clearing out space for quarry. currently i have maybe 35,000/90,000 blocks dug from the clearing, and then i have to do the steps up, which will be another 10 to 20 thousand blocks, and then the real quarry part is just under 300,000 blocks.

:)

smjjames

« Reply #4179 on: June 11, 2012, 08:24:47 AM »
Is there a way to make tree canopies invisible (or at least transparent)? It's so I can see the terrain under the vegetation (not underground, the surface terrain) in this rainforest, but if it can't be done without creating the invisible window exploit (which is NOT my intention here) or is otherwise not legit, then never mind.

Alternatively, if someone could make a map with height indicating gradiations for the island that Amazonis is on, that would be cool.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:52:35 AM by smjjames »

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #4180 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:58 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '72560'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:39:48 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #4181 on: June 11, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
You could make it invisible by deleting the tree leaves texture in a texture pack.

Wouldn't that be the same as deleting say, wool texture, which creates a 'window' which you can see underground? Which is not what I'm trying to do and wouldn't be of any help in seeing the terrain.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4182 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:54 AM »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4183 on: June 11, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
Is there a way to make tree canopies invisible (or at least transparent)? It's so I can see the terrain under the vegetation (not underground, the surface terrain) in this rainforest, but if it can't be done without creating the invisible window exploit (which is NOT my intention here) or is otherwise not legit, then never mind.

Alternatively, if someone could make a map with height indicating gradiations for the island that Amazonis is on, that would be cool.

Well you could burn down all the trees, but other than that, not really :P, i think the rainforest leaves are made as solid textures on purpose

You could make it invisible by deleting the tree leaves texture in a texture pack.

thats called x-ray texture pack and just no ..

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4184 on: June 11, 2012, 12:07:27 PM »
I have this idea for our collective storages: Unifying them.

Here it is explained in more detail:

http://blacraft.createaforum.com/blacraft-general/a-single-collective-storage/

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4185 on: June 11, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
the communism has increased!

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4186 on: June 11, 2012, 12:11:51 PM »
Well I'd like people to communt on the idea before I implement it. So the communism hasn't increased yet.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4187 on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
Ehh, i think it's going too far. I think i will continue to run my own public storage and just make statistics. they should not necessarily have to be on thursday because maybe people do not always have time on thursday. how about we jhust say 'once a week'.

'Makes it possible to make rules on how we distribute the contributions we make to the economic polls in the public voting center.'
We can still do that with seperate collective storages. They're physically seperate, but we can still treat is as one big thing.

Also you need to set up a poll to ask about taking items from your own collective storage, correct? But then there is always a loophole where you can just use up all the materials from your public storage and replacing them from your collective storage.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4188 on: June 11, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
Ehh, i think it's going too far. I think i will continue to run my own public storage and just make statistics. they should not necessarily have to be on thursday because maybe people do not always have time on thursday. how about we jhust say 'once a week'.

I don't like the idea of "once a week", because making them all at different moments makes it impossible to combine the numbers and get an accurate idea of our total economy of the collective storages. It would be more consistent and efficient if one person made all the statistics at the same time and was responsible for making them public as well.

'Makes it possible to make rules on how we distribute the contributions we make to the economic polls in the public voting center.'
We can still do that with seperate collective storages. They're physically seperate, but we can still treat is as one big thing.
Yes, but so far I don't have any information about what is in other collective storages, so I haven't been able to make them responsible for any contributions to our common projects so far. I don't feel like going all the way to Oasis City and then Desertopia to see what you're storing. Earlier I considered you giving me the coords of your collective storage, and Smjjames told me the coords of his, so I could just tp there, although it doesn't seem very legit...

Also you need to set up a poll to ask about taking items from your own collective storage, correct? But then there is always a loophole where you can just use up all the materials from your public storage and replacing them from your collective storage.
You don't have to make a poll to take items from your own collective storage if it's for regional development or for replacing items in your public storage.

UBSR Law §3.2:
"The contents of collective storages within a region can be used freely by the regional government to develop the region."

Yes, there's a loophole. I think it should work in practice and we should be able to see if someone abuses the system from their statistics. We can compare them to what is taken from polls. A fix could be to make everything require a poll, but that's very bureaucratic. We could set a max rate at which items are allowed to be transferred to public storages, max amounts the public storages may hold of certain items, weekly days (like, say, Thursdays) when the rare items in public storages may be refilled.

Personally I don't like weekly duties and all that in games because IRL can quickly make you too busy to have time to do things in the game. I'm also not entirely sure why I decided to make my statistics on a Thursday and not a Saturday...... >_<

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4189 on: June 11, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
So the problem seems to be that we/at least i, don't necessarily can report on public storage every thursday, but it would be nice to have all statistics reported once a week, and if you reported it would take too much time and tp would be unlegit.

How about we do it this way:
When a poll is approved, everyone see's what is in their public storage and then everyone donates a percentage of their stockpile. This way we don't need weekly stats or anything? Of course people can always report less than they have and cheat the system but they can always do that even if you do try weekly stats.

A fix could be to make everything require a poll, but that's very bureaucratic. We could set a max rate at which items are allowed to be transferred to public storages, max amounts the public storages may hold of certain items, weekly days (like, say, Thursdays) when the rare items in public storages may be refilled.
We should just let the people who run the collective storages take the materials out of them, after all, they worked for it themselves.

FiahOwl

« Reply #4190 on: June 11, 2012, 01:06:11 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '72609'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:39:23 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4191 on: June 11, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »
It doesn't matter who worked for it, all that matters is who needs it.
But yes, that's another alternative. I thought about that some weeks ago. It doesn't seem to have happened in practice, but I like the idea. But statistics are really nice, and it makes it easier to judge whether your poll is good or not depending on how much it takes from our economy. And we also need to know if we even have enough resources for a project at all, although we could cancel the poll afterwards if we find out that we don't.

Am I allowed to secede from the USBR and form a capitalist empire?
Yes, then you will no longer be allowed to interfere with our public storages though.
Tell me the name you want your state to have.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4192 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
Well, it is a rare project that will take more resources than we have :P
And, we can still do statistics, but i think to have them all on the same day is not too important, stuff usually does not change that much in a few days and if it does, we can just tweak the stats a bit.

It doesn't matter who worked for it, all that matters is who needs it.
(not sure what you're talking about)

FiahOwl

« Reply #4193 on: June 11, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '72615'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:39:17 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4194 on: June 11, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »
It was a response to
We should just let the people who run the collective storages take the materials out of them, after all, they worked for it themselves.
Anyway, I don't see how we can tweak the stats? But I guess if I want statistics I'll just have to tp to your collective storages by myself, ok. I'll make a list, so everyone with collective storages, please give me the coords of them.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4195 on: June 11, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »
'I'll make a list, so everyone with collective storages, please give me the coords of them'
They are required, otherleft?

Anyway mine is just the one next to my quarry, and the one in forssa with the wheat and seeds. Can't get coords right now.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4196 on: June 11, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »
Ok, you don't have to give them now, but preferably before Thursday. Maybe we could also make restrictions on what you're allowed to store in collective storages? If we have plenty of, say, cobblestone, there's no reason to protect it anyway.

And Fiah, I guess you know, but if you take a lot from the public storages and then leave, we may demand it back.

FiahOwl

« Reply #4197 on: June 11, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '72635'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:39:07 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4198 on: June 11, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
What if I hid it in the depths of the great southern wilderness? >:D
It's not like any plugins which log anything exist or anything at all...

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4199 on: June 11, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »
kol does that mean secretbases are a thing of the past. sad.