Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2623646 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #4080 on: May 28, 2012, 05:05:45 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '70939'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:54:41 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #4081 on: May 28, 2012, 05:06:44 AM »
I will remove the poll from lack of seriousness. :|

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4082 on: May 28, 2012, 05:18:12 AM »
:P

i guess it's a good thing i didn't set up a poll for vivisecting bla then.

srsbla is srs

FiahOwl

« Reply #4083 on: May 28, 2012, 05:21:14 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '70943'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:54:33 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4084 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:51 AM »
if i had to guess, i'd guess that they'd contain blapis?

FiahOwl

« Reply #4085 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:29 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '70949'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:54:26 AM by FiahOwl »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #4086 on: May 28, 2012, 05:39:19 AM »
Quote from: MineCraft Wiki
Fake Chunks

Fake Chunks are chunks that generate past 30,000,000 meters from the spawn. A sure sign that one has reached the edge of the map is that lighting no longer works past the 30,000,000 mark. If you walk into the fake chunks, you will fall through them into the Void and die. When the player flies about 34 blocks past this perimeter the game freezes and begins to jitter, the player cannot be seen in 3rd person mode and cannot move. There is no way to escape this and the player has to start a new world or edit their position in the level.dat file. Fake Chunks also generate in the nether and have the same effects as in the Overworld.

Effects Near Fake Chunks

The world starts to act weird if you go past 12,550,820 meters from the spawn point. These are the effects:
-When pistons extend, the rod that extends the piston vanishes, but its collision box is still there.
-Redstone wire will have its texture stretched and moved.
-Falling sand, tnt, and gravel look like they are in the wrong position until they fall completely down except for tnt.
-The fire particles in redstone torches and normal torches are in the wrong positions.
-You will receive MASSIVE lag if you wait past the 12,550,820 meter point for a while. The lag can be removed for a short time by using commands to kill every entity in the world and to make every block lit.

10,000 kilometers should be the limit!
MC wiki

smjjames

« Reply #4087 on: May 28, 2012, 06:33:46 AM »
Added a multibla-choice boll.

"Should Blaists execute all Kipzic citizens on sight?"
Option 1: fiahdeo says YES
Option 2: Everyone else of USforums says NO
Option 3: other person says YES
Option 4: other person says NO

Uh, wat? I vote no....

smjjames

« Reply #4088 on: May 28, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »
Yeskip good idea when books are added in the next patch. We'll have a few chests or bookcases for those on each floor.

I like Kipz's idea as well. I have nearly a small chest full of surplus bookcases, so I can supply a few stacks. Most likely we'll just use chests.

Anybody got ideas for the name of the jungle outpost that I have? I'm settled on naming it something Cove, but I can't decide. The best I can come up with atm is Jungle Cove.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:29:05 AM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4089 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:42 AM »
how about

jungleland

or

jungletopia

or

jungleot

waitwut.

smjjames

« Reply #4090 on: May 28, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »
Junglelot is taken anyways. For the jungle area, I'm tentatively going with Amazonis(you know, The Amazon).

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4091 on: May 28, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
i was jk because you or someone else was like 'junglelot' is so creative.

smjjames

« Reply #4092 on: May 28, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »
Bla, heres my ideas for the border redrawing and region naming. Tierra Salvaje is wildlands (wilderness, untamed wilds, you know) in Spanish. Initially I tried to make two separate areas with a border on the natural divide where you had origionally put the yellow line, but I couldn't think of a good way to name the two areas, so I just made them as one.

Also, anybody got plans for the unclaimed chunk of land which is circled in black? I was thinking either absorb it into Tierra Salvaje, or extend Kaeshar into it. Another option would be to make it into some sort of nature preserve or something.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4093 on: May 28, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »
looks mappy

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4094 on: May 28, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
The chunk of land, I was thinking that maybe Darvince would take it, at least I was thinking of it as a seperate region, your regions are already large at least and it seems a bit geographically seperated from your areas.

smjjames

« Reply #4095 on: May 28, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »
0:00 start at bottom
0:18 lever flicked
0:36 reached bottom
0:46 harvest arrives
1:46 80% harvest recieved
2:36 all of harvest recieved

Are you talking about the Forssa farm?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4096 on: May 28, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »
yes, the larger one, which farms without too much lag. (550 wheat/harvest)

smjjames

« Reply #4097 on: May 28, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
Oh, it sounded like you had made some kind of chute for it, but I didn't see one.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4098 on: May 28, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
the wheat lands on one place. the lever, however, is located on top and i'm too lazy to wire it all to the bottom. It'd probably take at least a large chest of cobblestone and i don't think that's worth 18 seconds. Plus it might look ugly and would take a large chest of redstone :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4099 on: May 29, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »
So I splunked an epicave. Here's the loot (and Spawntown-Yukitown rail tunnel in the background).

I also went to the Chromasheep farm to gather some white wool. I gathered some other colors as well and deposited half of them plus a bit of white wool in the building near the farm.

Also, Dean suggested making a forum for the server. Actually I think it could be a good idea, since not everyone playing are on this forum, and it'd help organize all the things we post. What do people think of the idea? I'll make a poll for that. So here's the last poll results.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #4100 on: May 29, 2012, 07:00:13 AM »
I don't want to seem close-minded or anything, but i voted no because it will not really help anyone.  A new forum is just one new tab or site that we have to visit. However, if we stick to this thread, no one will be disadvantaged. If you're not on this forum, that doesn't really matter, does it, it's still a single webpage like a forum would be. While organizing posts better might be nice, i don't think it is a big issue. I've never had such problems with this thread and organization. My opinion is really kind of 'If it's not broken, don't fix it'.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4101 on: May 29, 2012, 07:06:21 AM »
I don't want to seem close-minded or anything, but i voted no because it will not really help anyone.  A new forum is just one new tab or site that we have to visit. However, if we stick to this thread, no one will be disadvantaged. If you're not on this forum, that doesn't really matter, does it, it's still a single webpage like a forum would be. While organizing posts better might be nice, i don't think it is a big issue. I've never had such problems with this thread and organization. My opinion is really kind of 'If it's not broken, don't fix it'.
I have a lot of problems keeping up with your requests on regions, plugins etc. when it's all in this thread. So Imo it'd help a lot. I also told Dean that we use this forum, Idk if he's interested in joining it... But I think a different forum would be more useful for those who aren't on this forum, like the Blacraft Wiki not being a subpage on the Bla Wiki.

Btw, where's the clay you gathered?

smjjames

« Reply #4102 on: May 29, 2012, 07:17:08 AM »
I don't want to seem close-minded or anything, but i voted no because it will not really help anyone.  A new forum is just one new tab or site that we have to visit. However, if we stick to this thread, no one will be disadvantaged. If you're not on this forum, that doesn't really matter, does it, it's still a single webpage like a forum would be. While organizing posts better might be nice, i don't think it is a big issue. I've never had such problems with this thread and organization. My opinion is really kind of 'If it's not broken, don't fix it'.
I have a lot of problems keeping up with your requests on regions, plugins etc. when it's all in this thread. So Imo it'd help a lot. I also told Dean that we use this forum, Idk if he's interested in joining it... But I think a different forum would be more useful for those who aren't on this forum, like the Blacraft Wiki not being a subpage on the Bla Wiki.

Well, we're slowly gaining more members and I like the idea of a new forum, we'd be able to organize things better and if we ever see a big spike in membership increase, we'd already have a forum ready.

FiahOwl

« Reply #4103 on: May 29, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '71101'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:53:29 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4104 on: May 29, 2012, 07:35:07 AM »
So is the area removed?

If not I will rage and blow spawntown up with TNT.
No, it's not removed, and since most people voted against it, I will not remove it before the next update which messes up the terrain generation (1.3 should do that with the new pyramids and possibly emerald ore).

FiahOwl

« Reply #4105 on: May 29, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '71103'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:53:25 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #4106 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:34 AM »
So is the area removed?

If not I will rage and blow spawntown up with TNT.
No, it's not removed, and since most people voted against it, I will not remove it before the next update which messes up the terrain generation (1.3 should do that with the new pyramids and possibly emerald ore).

I seriously hope the biome reshuffling doesn't end up making the jungles into a desert because they'll look, well, dead.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4107 on: May 29, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »
Floor 54 in the public storage is now for wool.
(I need 2 white, black and brown wool blocks to finish the blocks indicating where the different colors are stored)

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #4108 on: May 29, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
Actually emerald ore will be removed in the 1.3 update because of many people complaining to jens that the ore was too rare. And he said that emeralds was only used for currency and not for crafting purposes (well, except for emerald blocks).

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4109 on: May 29, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
^ That's why I said possibly.