Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2623865 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #3450 on: April 09, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
I guess I can do that, but can you draw a route for the road?

Also, I don't think I'll have time to do it this week, I'm not sure.

smjjames

« Reply #3451 on: April 09, 2012, 11:30:54 PM »
Hrm, whats your estimation on the resource cost of building a railway from Kaeshar to that area? Its going to have to make an underwater crossing at some point. I'm just making hypotheticals here, no real plans to add one just yet. I might make one for the tunnel through the mountains or something though.

For the specific path, I don't have a specific one in mind, just more or less a straight path from point A to point B. Not an absolutely straight path though as it would just cut through the landscape, but if theres going to be any section of it thats absolutely straight, its going to be the tunnel through the mountains.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3452 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:33 AM »
A railway tunnel costs approximately 0.1 gold pr. meter and 0.7125 iron pr. meter, not counting tools and ignoring redstone and wood.

smjjames

« Reply #3453 on: April 10, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »
Hrm, 1660-760 (for roundage), carry the two yadda yadda yadda.....

Assuming a straight line, 90 gold and 641.25 iron, so that would be at the very least, a minimum amount required.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3454 on: April 10, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
Last Thursday we had 1906 iron and 621 gold in Spawntown Collective Storage.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3455 on: April 10, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '65697'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:05:52 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3456 on: April 10, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
Last Thursday we had 1906 iron and 621 gold in Spawntown Collective Storage.

Awesome. I'd like to establish a road first though and we can map out the rail route. Haven't thought of a name for this area, something Cove maybe....

@Fiah: If you want to build one using your own resources, go ahead.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3457 on: April 10, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
To make our collective storages more fair, maybe we should make it mandatory to report how much of all items you store in them on every Thursday, and make votes make it mandatory for all collective storages to contribute equally much (in percent of their stored resources) to the projects?

I know I can't expect people to be online every Thursday, so maybe we could make a system where I could check it for you if you can't be online. I could download the maps and check it on there, but I'd prefer if I didn't have to do that very often.
But if you give me the coords of your collective storage I could make the statistics very quickly.

And Fiah, corporations are incompatible with the UBSR treaty. Either the property must be commonly owned or stored in collective storages.

FiahOwl

« Reply #3458 on: April 10, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '65707'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:05:45 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3459 on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »
Why?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3460 on: April 10, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
i thought fiah wasn't part of usbr, anyway, it'll take me a while to gather stuff, i don't really have an official collective storage, just bunch of materials all over the placed

smjjames

« Reply #3461 on: April 10, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »
Dangit, apparently setting fire to canopies (large chunks of isolated oak canopies) still lags the server.

I knew of the lag that had happened when Naru did that to a jungle tree, but I wasn't sure if the problem still existed.

And, I think the server crashed >< I had no intention of crashing the server :P

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3462 on: April 10, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
i was time out

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3463 on: April 10, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
You don't have to have one either. In the other case anyone can take whatever they need. It doesn't mean they'll do it (they haven't so far, obviously), but a collective storage might be nice for important, rare things like gold, diamonds, iron etc. I don't use it for any more than that either, currently, but I plan to store glowstone in there too some time. And maybe some rare building materials too.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3464 on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »
isn't collective storages for vote to take material ^^

smjjames

« Reply #3465 on: April 10, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
To make our collective storages more fair, maybe we should make it mandatory to report how much of all items you store in them on every Thursday, and make votes make it mandatory for all collective storages to contribute equally much (in percent of their stored resources) to the projects?

I know I can't expect people to be online every Thursday, so maybe we could make a system where I could check it for you if you can't be online. I could download the maps and check it on there, but I'd prefer if I didn't have to do that very often.
But if you give me the coords of your collective storage I could make the statistics very quickly.

And Fiah, corporations are incompatible with the UBSR treaty. Either the property must be commonly owned or stored in collective storages.

Hrm, I don't really have a collective storage unit per se, but I do have the warehouse which is for private storage and collective use if needed.

I mean I don't have a dedicated collective storage section.

Also, Bla, server probolems....

I'll just manually clear those canopies from on out instead of using fire. Or maybe use TNT?... nah, it'd be a waste just to use to clear canopies.

FiahOwl

« Reply #3466 on: April 10, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '65717'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:05:41 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3467 on: April 10, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »
Well, you only need a collective storage if you're part of the UBSR. i thought it was only bla, naru, bong, and me (fiah? you?), no idea, is there a complete list somewhere

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3468 on: April 10, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
yeah and the server's borked. It's been on and off for the past 3 days

FiahOwl

« Reply #3469 on: April 10, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '65720'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:05:38 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3470 on: April 10, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »
Well, you only need a collective storage if you're part of the UBSR. i thought it was only bla, naru, bong, and me (fiah? you?), no idea, is there a complete list somewhere
Look at the world map.

smjjames

« Reply #3471 on: April 10, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
Can't connect atm due to communication error with server.

I think I'll make a collective storage out of one of my skyscrapers.

I can easily expand the warehouse for collective storage dedicated floors.

I am part of the UBSR, I just don't share a border because I have SKA (an Autarky) to the north. Not sure if Fiah is suppoused to be in it or not, sortof?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3472 on: April 10, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
You don't have to have one either. In the other case anyone can take whatever they need. It doesn't mean they'll do it (they haven't so far, obviously), but a collective storage might be nice for important, rare things like gold, diamonds, iron etc. I don't use it for any more than that either, currently, but I plan to store glowstone in there too some time. And maybe some rare building materials too.

also, there are hundreds of blocks, should we report on them all?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3473 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »
Can't connect atm due to communication error with server.

ikr

yeah and the server's borked. It's been on and off for the past 3 days

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3474 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
server is back up, for me

smjjames

« Reply #3475 on: April 10, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »

also, there are hundreds of blocks, should we report on them all?

You should see how much cobblestone and sand I have, I have 4 large chests full of sand and 5 large chests full of cobble. I can easily transfer some of that to a collective storage.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3476 on: April 10, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
Yes, you should.

But I really don't think there's any need to keep hundreds of blocks in them.

Quote from: UBSR Declaration
Collective storages ensure economic stability and the possibility of large, coordinated projects. The collective storages hold the excess property from public storages, which cannot be taken for unknown purposes and without multiple people agreeing.
The contents of collective storages within a region can be used freely by the regional government to develop the region.
Every inhabitant has the right to start a poll in the Blacraft Voting Center in Spawntown, Kaktoland for whether resources should be spent on a big project. The poll must last at least three days, and be announced in the Blacraft topic on the Universe Sandbox Forum. If more than 50% votes are in favor of the project, all collective storages must help providing resources for the project.
Through embassies, the governments of different regions can request resources from each other’s collective storages, if they run low on a certain resource they need, which another region might have an excess of.

And don't waste your time on having cobble in a collective storage, smjjames. We have more cobble than we could ever need. Just store it in a public storage so everyone can take what they need. If you ever run out, just take some from Spawntown's public storage.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3477 on: April 10, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
1000 wheat
1000 seeds
1000 cactus
1000 wood
200 sugarcane
100 netherbrick
1000 cobblestone

smjjames

« Reply #3478 on: April 10, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
Yes, you should.

But I really don't think there's any need to keep hundreds of blocks in them.

Do we need to count them manually or is there some command that will spit out the numbers?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3479 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
Manually.

If you give me the coords of a collective storage I can tp there and count them though.