Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2615072 times)

smjjames

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #3270 on: March 29, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
Two more.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3271 on: March 29, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
kaesharian skin
!

smjjames

« Reply #3272 on: March 29, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »
kaesharian skin
!

The last one got bugged.

Still, the skin itself is actually a Warhammer 40k Techpriest. I'm not even a fan of or play Warhammer, I just liked that particular skin.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3273 on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
world map refuses to update >.<

smjjames

« Reply #3274 on: March 29, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
Bla said that he had a problem with the world map uploading earlier. He probably should upload the latest with my and Fiahs explorations. I tried to stay within the 2000/-2000 mark and not go very far.

I explored northwest (mostly west) of Kaeshar and there is swamp, swamp, and more swamp. Was hoping for a rainforest. I also found a larger rainforest just beyond the 2000 point, but didn't explore further than the edge.

And yes I know Bla will probably be a bit frustrated at us making the map bigger again. but its just the southern areas atm.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3275 on: March 29, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »
no the map updated fine, just that it usually takes a day or so before i can actually reach it for some reason. and did it rain in rainforest? kol

are there mobs down below the 'canopy'? of the rainforest

smjjames

« Reply #3276 on: March 29, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »
no the map updated fine, just that it usually takes a day or so before i can actually reach it for some reason. and did it rain in rainforest? kol

are there mobs down below the 'canopy'? of the rainforest

Are you talking about the world map on the first page? That one hasn't been updated yet.

For mobs, the light level is the same as a dense forest, so, passive and neutral mobs only. Unless there happens to be an open cave somewhere of course.

For rain, I'm pretty sure it does, heh.

Edit: nm, I see you mean the blawiki one.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3277 on: March 29, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
For mobs, the light level is the same as a dense forest, so, passive and neutral mobs only. Unless there happens to be an open cave somewhere of course.

i meant, does the leaves get thick enough to block out light and cause mobs to spawn under?

smjjames

« Reply #3278 on: March 29, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »

i meant, does the leaves get thick enough to block out light and cause mobs to spawn under?

I haven't been to one that dense yet, but I don't think so.

Also the world map is still showing the old one, even though the new one showed on the uploaded images list.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3279 on: March 29, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
yeah, same problem i've been having.

smjjames

« Reply #3280 on: March 29, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »

We need to get the AnyoneSleep plugin fixed or replaced because Naru was on and I couldn't change it to day until he did sleep.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3281 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
have you tried relogging? it's buggy.

smjjames

« Reply #3282 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »
It's buggier than usual though.

Vine covered caves are cool....

Woo, found a BIG rainforest directly west of Kaeshar.

Heres a screenshot of the region, the shallows and scattered islands is all swampland, nearly all of the landmass is jungle, with some subtropical deciduous forest in the northeast section.

Also, does anybody know if ocelots are suppoused to spawn in ALL jungles? I haven't seen any in my travels.

Oh yea, that landmass kind of looks like the southern part of England doesn't it?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:50:27 PM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3283 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:01 AM »
Oh yea, that landmass kind of looks like the southern part of England doesn't it?
Matty needs to build a giant teacup in it.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3284 on: March 30, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64575'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:43:47 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3285 on: March 31, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
I would like to make a poll asking if we can change to Sleep 5.0.3 since not being able to get it to daytime when there are AFK people is annoying. I would make it myself, but I'm  nowhere near Spawntown and can't get to it at this time.

The default respawn point still needs to be moved back into spawntown, it got shifted to the southwest in Kaktaoland. I forget the exact coords, but I mentioned it a page or two ago.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3286 on: March 31, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »
We don't vote for plugins in the voting center.

The ones who manage the servers--- Wait, am I still online? Uhh, where did I come from, that plugin isn't available on the list, so I'd have to ask them to make that plugin available.

I'd say, be patient. And sorry about forgetting that I was online.

Here are some news from two days ago:

We've just made the recommended build available for customers to use which can be enabled via Clanforge:
Clanforge > Profiles > New > Mod: Bukkit 1.2.4 RB > Enter a profile name > Create > Tick the box to apply > Restart the server.

A few things to note:
-The current plugin database will still be available at your disposal, but you will need to re-add these along with any configs via the usual method:
Clanforge > Profiles > Edit > Addons > Select the addon > Add > Restart the server
Also note that some plugins will be outdated and we will udpate them as the updates become available.

smjjames

« Reply #3287 on: March 31, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »
According to http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/safe-creeper/, it is suppoused to work for 1.2.4, but I guess the delay is the Clanforge thing which you get the plugins out of? I'm not completely sure why you can't just download the plugin and put it in or something.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3288 on: March 31, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
According to http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/safe-creeper/, it is suppoused to work for 1.2.4, but I guess the delay is the Clanforge thing which you get the plugins out of? I'm not completely sure why you can't just download the plugin and put it in or something.
Because I choose plugins from a list which the people at Clanforge are managing.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3289 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
Go poop on them then.

smjjames

« Reply #3290 on: March 31, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
We don't vote for plugins in the voting center.

The ones who manage the servers--- Wait, am I still online? Uhh, where did I come from, that plugin isn't available on the list, so I'd have to ask them to make that plugin available.

I'd say, be patient. And sorry about forgetting that I was online.

Here are some news from two days ago:

We've just made the recommended build available for customers to use which can be enabled via Clanforge:
Clanforge > Profiles > New > Mod: Bukkit 1.2.4 RB > Enter a profile name > Create > Tick the box to apply > Restart the server.

A few things to note:
-The current plugin database will still be available at your disposal, but you will need to re-add these along with any configs via the usual method:
Clanforge > Profiles > Edit > Addons > Select the addon > Add > Restart the server
Also note that some plugins will be outdated and we will udpate them as the updates become available.

You could probably ask them about making it available if SleepAnnounce and/or AnyoneSleep don't get updated, it does the same functions as those two.

The AnyoneSleep not working is just annoying and not near-critical like SafeCreeper is, so I can wait a while for that one. Since SafeCreeper is suppousedly working for 1.2.4, it should get updated in the plugin list, soon.....

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3291 on: March 31, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
I will do whatever I feel like about the plugins, mapping and spawnpoint whenever I feel like it. :)

smjjames

« Reply #3292 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:17 PM »
I will do whatever I feel like about the plugins, mapping and spawnpoint whenever I feel like it. :)

At least the default spawnpoint didn't get shifted like 1,000 blocks away or something.

How did it end up getting shifted anyway? Does that kind of thing usually happen?

Maybe someone could build a little shelter at that spawnpoint or something, *shrug*

FiahOwl

« Reply #3293 on: March 31, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64686'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:42:54 AM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

« Reply #3294 on: March 31, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64689'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:42:51 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3295 on: March 31, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
Can we have the newer map now ASAP please Bla?? lol. I need to figure out what territory to stake out.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3296 on: April 01, 2012, 01:17:07 AM »
Hmm, Fiah, that bridge (and road leading to it) looks very straight and perpendicularish, and flat without any truss... I'm sure it could be made more interesting than that? :P

And whenever I am capable of it (I am currently not with the maps, because the program is not updated for 1.2).

From now on I will most probably ignore any requests to update plugins/move spawnpoint/update maps/etc.
You are welcome to build a small shelter at the spawnpoint though.

The spawnpoint problem might be me who accidentally messed it up in MCEdit, I remember accidentally doing something with the spawnpoint, but I thought it had no effect or that I undid it, I think.

And, for the first time I will plan a building before making it. :P This is a plan for a bridge connecting Plaxium Forest and Novascotchara. I'm not sure about the materials to make the towers and truss from, but there will be some glowstone-on-netherbrick-sticks as some tops, and the road will most likely be cobblestone slabs, and then there will be glass panes in the sides.
I'm thinking of using bricks for the pillars and sandstone for the truss. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:20:32 AM by Bla »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3297 on: April 01, 2012, 04:33:11 AM »
maybe one or two more pillars where there are glass panes (unless this is supposed to be a suspension bridge of some sort)

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3298 on: April 01, 2012, 04:37:24 AM »
Yes, it's supposed to be a suspension bridge.

Here it is colored with the bricks and sandstone.

smjjames

« Reply #3299 on: April 01, 2012, 06:43:29 AM »
Hmm, Fiah, that bridge (and road leading to it) looks very straight and perpendicularish, and flat without any truss... I'm sure it could be made more interesting than that? :P

I'm planning on doing some kind of truss for the longer section of my bridge and possibly the one at the Kaeshar end as well. I'm thinking of using arches for the one in Solea and some kind of hybrid suspension bridge (because of the bend it takes) for the one in Kaeshar.