Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2614869 times)

smjjames

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #3180 on: March 23, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
Wheres the bridge going?

Nice skyscrapers as well.

Edit: Are you planning on having that bridge go all the way west? Might have to make it a block higher so it isn't a boating hazard when people try to go under it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:11:44 PM by smjjames »

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3181 on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64119'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:46:20 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3182 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
Wheres the bridge going?

Nice skyscrapers as well.

Edit: Are you planning on having that bridge go all the way west? Might have to make it a block higher so it isn't a boating hazard when people try to go under it.

I made sure it can be boated under.

The bridge is going through the mountain to Solea

Maybe I can add my own path in that direction? I'll probably start mine slightly further north, or I could just make it bend while still on land in Solea. Connect the international routes.

FiahOwl

« Reply #3183 on: March 23, 2012, 08:38:30 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64121'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:46:16 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3184 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »
Geeze, the server is being wierdly laggy tonight, I don't mean lag on my part I mean its laggy as in even block placing is getting RBS.

Edit: Had a socket timeout, was able to get back on, but the severe RBS is still there. I'll just work on the road to the point where I want the bridge to start in the morning....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:23:23 PM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #3185 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
Fiah, Atomic, is there a particular spot you want the roads to intersect at? Just checking so that it can be coordinated.

FiahOwl

« Reply #3186 on: March 24, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64129'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:46:14 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3187 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:39 AM »
idc how you or atomic build your share of the road as long as you reach the dark red point.

Thanks, thats what I was asking about, where we should all intersect at.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3188 on: March 24, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
Lol you missed the road I already started by like 20 meters.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3189 on: March 24, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
Kol you missed the road I already started by like 20 meters.

kol police!

smjjames

« Reply #3190 on: March 24, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
I'm assuming the spot is at the wooden plank block that someone put behind the tree with the water source inside it?

smjjames

« Reply #3191 on: March 25, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »
Anybody know of a way to autofarm wool? I'm thinking of making a 'Chromasheep' ranch with all of the possible colors.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3192 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:12 AM »
bla maded chromasheep in pine hill

smjjames

« Reply #3193 on: March 25, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
I saw a lot of lime green sheep in that area, is that what you mean?

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3194 on: March 25, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »
You could make a general animal autofarm by making grassy platforms and make the animals fall into some water carrying them to a grinder etc., but that'd only work for the naturally colored sheep. Animals don't go into love mode if you don't feed them, so it's impossible to automatically farm colored sheep.

smjjames

« Reply #3195 on: March 25, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
You could make a general animal autofarm by making grassy platforms and make the animals fall into some water carrying them to a grinder etc., but that'd only work for the naturally colored sheep. Animals don't go into love mode if you don't feed them, so it's impossible to automatically farm colored sheep.

I see, okay. Wasn't sure if there was a way to autofarm them without killing them.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #3196 on: March 25, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »
Sheep turn that color if you right click the dye on it, so does it work if a dispenser fires it? (Just wondering)

smjjames

« Reply #3197 on: March 25, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
Sheep turn that color if you right click the dye on it, so does it work if a dispenser fires it? (Just wondering)

That'd be an experiment to try, doubt it'd work though.

Edit: Nope, doesn't work....

Heck of alot easier to just go around and right click them than try to wait for them to get into position. Also colored a whole bunch of them cactus green while I was there for the heck of it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:35:06 PM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #3198 on: March 25, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
Hey Mudkipz, whats the recommended TNT spread for exploding out a column? The shaft is about 30 tiles tall and I'm doing it in a kind of cross shape like this:

x
x=x
  x

x being TNT and the = is just a rock column (not the reason for exploding though, just the center).

The surface is actually a few blocks higher, but that won't be a problem.

Also, how should I explode the tnt? I was going to put a few wooden planks next to it, set the planks a block away on fire and run.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3199 on: March 25, 2012, 07:01:05 PM »
use a lever to explode tnt. Also, not sure what the diagram is there, but if you have a 3x3 cube of stone/cobble, and explode a tnt in the middle, it'lll blow up the entire cube and nothing more.

Try in creative too if you want :)

smjjames

« Reply #3200 on: March 25, 2012, 07:03:50 PM »
Well, yea maybe I oughta experiment in creative.

Still, theres some caves that the stairway passes through, so...

Edit: I like the results and now I understand about the redstone...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:14:42 PM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #3201 on: March 26, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »
Hey guys, I have an idea to build a temple of sorts to Gaia (or Armok, or the Spaghetti monster, or whatever you want to think of it) in that chamber that I found some time ago (I had been inspired to the idea, given how deep it is) and blew a skylight (and a second smaller skylight) out yesterday. Part of my idea is to have columns (between 5 to 10 blocks high) representing the ores. So, aside from diamond (given how rare it is, I might not have a column for it), how would you guys feel about me asking for ore blocks of the various ores?

I'm also thinking of incorporating stone, dirt, sand, and sandstone into the whole thing. I would like to be able to use the smooth sandstone in 1.2.4 though.....

Keep in mind though that its still in the idea stage and hasn't gotten to the planning stage yet. There are many possibilities that I could do such as having most of the column be wool and only the top block be the ore block, which would work for diamond since we'd only need one block.

I'm also thinking of having a giant tree grow out of the middle and out of the skylight because, well, Gaia....

A side idea I had a moment ago was to build a little thing representing the classical elements, air (maybe I'll use glass to represent it, or wool....), fire, water, and earth.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #3202 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:27 AM »
Sounds interesting, how about calling it something like a museum though, so it doesn't sound as "superstitious" as a temple?

I'd be fine with providing ore blocks for it, depending on how many you need, but we can vote for that.

smjjames

« Reply #3203 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Sounds interesting, how about calling it something like a museum though, so it doesn't sound as "superstitious" as a temple?

I'd be fine with providing ore blocks for it, depending on how many you need, but we can vote for that.

Shrine maybe? Its not really a temple, its just the word that first came to mind, more like a place to honor. Not meant to be religious or anything, just something cool I came up with.

Its probably the Dwarf Fortress in me showing :) lol.

smjjames

« Reply #3204 on: March 27, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
What the? Somehow I've got myself an infinite bed. By that, I mean I put down a bed, but the item is still in my hand and in my inventory. I did make several, but I'm not going to exploit it since it was intended to be a portable bed.

It might have something to do with /cmagnet chests because I have a whole bunch of /cmagnet enabled chests on the bottom of the chamber around where the hole is to collect fallen debris as I clean the TNT'd sides up. I did accidentially fall and die last night, so that probably did it somehow.

Going to see if I can de-bugify it somehow....

Edit: discovered a few more in chests....

Edit: Fixed it. I have a theory as to what happened. When I died, somehow the item got quantum split into two. When I stacked the beds (actually quantum clones of the same bed) into one, it was fixed. Wierd huh?

Hrm, I wonder if other items get affected as well?......

Edit: Yes, other items are affected, at least torches and flint are. Quantum duplicated torches simply dissapear though when attempted to be used.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:41:24 AM by smjjames »

FiahOwl

« Reply #3205 on: March 27, 2012, 11:08:50 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '64347'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:45:13 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #3206 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
As far as I can tell, normal blocks are not affected by the bug.

I didn't try to make any flint and steel out of the quantum duplicated flint as i didnt have any iron bars with me at that moment and I found that duplicated torches simply disappear, so, no telling what might happen with quantum duplicated blocks if you do anything with them. 

I was able to use the duplicated bed like normal though.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3207 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
you should ask bla before you test glitches. (just quoting).

smjjames

« Reply #3208 on: March 27, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »
you should ask bla before you test glitches. (just quoting).

It was an accidential test since I logged in when it was nighttime ingame. The rest is purely observation, I had no intent of exploiting it. Beds are cheap enough to make already.

I was collecting and stacking some of the items scattered around in chests, which is how I noticed that the torches and flint got duplicated.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:34:09 PM by smjjames »

smjjames

« Reply #3209 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:41 PM »
Bla, before you disable /cmagnet (which is required for some autofarms actually...), at least check to confirm whether blocks can actually get duplicated. It might be from grabbing the item just as the /cmagnet goes off.

Since the plugin for it is going to be updated anyway, probably see if there are any fixes? Theres a possibility others who use it have reported on it.