Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2623688 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #2520 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »
They update when I download the world and map it. I don't update the isometric one often because it takes a long time to map and upload.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #2521 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58975'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:26:27 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2522 on: February 15, 2012, 02:33:22 PM »
its f5

FiahOwl

« Reply #2523 on: February 15, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '58978'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:26:23 AM by FiahOwl »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2524 on: February 15, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
yo dawg i like wood so much i made a box with wood to store wood so i can use wood to make pickaxe and cut even more wood!

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2525 on: February 15, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
ahem, *cough* so, i see you have been hard working.

smjjames

« Reply #2526 on: February 15, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
In response to the first post, my username is the same as it is here. I just checked to be sure it hadn't been deactivated due to inactivity and it's still there.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2527 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
that treaty with teh UBSR communism thingy and the collective storages pooling resources for build projects:

Each person gives certain percentage of total resources needed for project:
-it's pretty fair and even, but
-inactive members would fall behind
Each person gives certain percentage of total resources they have:
-much fairer, acts like "taxes"
-discourages saving up resources, everyone will want to immediately spend whatever resources they have
Each person gives what they can:
-might end up with not enough resources to build a project
-resources each person pools should be kept public to discourage misers and encourage sharing

Also anonymous voting is best idea, no? and voting center is huge, this is how it'd work
-Each person must have seperate voting slot

If there are Persons A, B, C then
Persons A voting slot
drop item down hole, water flow carries it over dropchests that only have permissions for B and C.
If item is B or C's it falls into dropchest. If item is A's, the item flows into pressure pad
Pressure pad will set off a resettable device-Y and vote is put into memory (i'm still working out this part).
Bla shall count the votes, and then set off another device-X. This device will auto trigger all votes from all slots so vote remains anonymous.
Bla resets votes.
If item, vote is positive
When Bla sets off device-X, he counts the the negatory votes.

Bla must have empty inventory when doing this and make sure he's alone :P
Bla should empty inventory after counting positive votes before setting of device-X to count negative ones

This poses a problem when Bla votes, because admin might give him perms to all dropchest, however since he'll be the one counting the votes, he can just keep it to himself.

In scenario above, if dropchests for B and/or C are flooded full, the vote will be redone.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2528 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:47 PM »
I don't see why it is so important that voting is anonymous. You can build a testing device somewhere which I can inspect, but really, I don't think it's worth implementing. :P

As for the economy, no, the treaty doesn't say how you help spending the resources, but you're meant to give everything you have in it for the project. Remember Blacraft is not a real world, so we can't expect people to work, be online every day, pay taxes etc. If someone is inactive, their collective storage is simply ignored according to my plans.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2529 on: February 15, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
[18:25] <+BlaBla44> Skirty, I don't think anonymous voting is important, honestly. :P

I think it is...

Might this possible happen?
Person A will vote for all proposals by Person B
Person B has large amount of resources
If person A doesn't vote for person B's proposal, will Person B vote against person A's proposal next time?
Person B might feel that he supplies resources for Person A, but Person A will not share his resources
Person B decides not to vote for Person A
Put this on a larger scale and we're back to everyone with seperate private storages.

Person B might not even be concious that he's doing it. I read somewhere about a study, where researchers found people always donated and helped others not out of kindness, but because they expected something in return (or something else, i don't remember). You can show that an act is completely selfless, (but intentional), if it is something that you could never want, that society could never want, (otherwise you might benefit by an improved status and the admiration of society), and even the person you do it to could never want, (otherwise you might benefit by improved status or admiration of the person you are performing the act on).

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:43:11 PM by mudkipz »

FiahOwl

« Reply #2530 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '59000'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:26:14 AM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

« Reply #2531 on: February 15, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »
Do I need to get hamachi? In the early pages, you mention about it and that the hamachi info is on the first page, but it doesn't mention hamachi anymore.

Just checking if I need to install that on my computer when I get back on Friday.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2532 on: February 15, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
Nope, just a computer and minecraft and internet

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2533 on: February 15, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Biomes#Basin
Didn't know that. They look extremely ugly though. Should be removed imo.

No, you don't need Hamachi.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2534 on: February 15, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
-snip-

idk if bla missed my post or not, it got semi-buried.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2535 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
You have a point Mudkipz, but I don't think it is a problem. But we could put up an anonymous poll to see if people prefer anonymous voting? :P

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2536 on: February 15, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
Hmm, think of it this way:

You claim anonymous voting isn't necessary. Is it a problem if there is anonymous voting? Why must we vote on the idea of having anonymous voting?
Do you not like the idea of having to reset a machine every time a poll goes up, do you want your voting center to be clean and immaculate? And if a voting machine was set up elsewhere you would feel voting center is neglected?

smjjames

« Reply #2537 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:15 PM »
Has anybody seen a technomage (or something similar) skin somewhere? I want to use the technomage skin that I had, but I don't remember where I got it from. Looking on the skindex to see if it's there or there's something else that I like.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2538 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
don't know what a technomage is but...is this anything like it?

http://5493-planetmc.voxcdn.com/skin/techno-mage/

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2539 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
Is it a problem if there is anonymous voting? Why must we vote on the idea of having anonymous voting?
Because the system looks complicated and inefficient by requiring other people when you vote. It also creates another problem, which is whether you can trust if the results are the actual votes, because you can no longer verify the votes when they aren't publicly available.

Do you not like the idea of having to reset a machine every time a poll goes up
I don't think it would be a big problem.

do you want your voting center to be clean and immaculate?
Yes, but it's not my voting center.

And if a voting machine was set up elsewhere you would feel voting center is neglected?
Yes, but it's not my voting center.

smjjames

« Reply #2540 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
don't know what a technomage is but...is this anything like it?

http://5493-planetmc.voxcdn.com/skin/techno-mage/

Saw that one when I googled it, and no, it looks like a tron suit to me really. It's sort of like a cyborg mage kind of thing that I'm looking for. The robe was purple with gold trim I believe. It was over a year ago maybe two, so I have no idea if the one I'm looking for is still around. Looking for alternatives on the skindex though.

You know, I think it might be the skindex I got it from, going to dive through the archives.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2541 on: February 15, 2012, 05:34:14 PM »
1. Hmm voting machine will only need single person as voter like normal...
also...everyone can be present at the time of counting votes to ensure it is accurate. and we (at least i) trust you to count the votes right...

3. I can make it seamless to the walls, i can make it anyshape, i can fit it in the floor however you want.

Is the aesthetical problem that you do not want cobblestoe and redstone exposed? (Then i can cover it with any material you'd like within reason).

Is the problem that you want to keep the rooms completely empty? (Then i can put it into the ground and have multiple labeled unobtrusive voting slots right next to each other).

4. Then i shall build it in the voting center if you agree.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2542 on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »
You're welcome to build a few of them for testing, maybe in the testing lab, with different designs, showing compactness, how you can hide the currents and how it works.
That would be the best way to convince me, because it's hard to imagine how such a machine would be from your text. :P

smjjames

« Reply #2543 on: February 15, 2012, 05:43:52 PM »
*facepalm*

It was techPRIEST that I was looking for not techno mage, and I found it. It's the fifth one down from the top when you do an archive search for tech.

May consider getting a different one though, but i think that one is cool.

FiahOwl

« Reply #2544 on: February 15, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '59018'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:26:09 AM by FiahOwl »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #2545 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
Villagers in my house?

Scary.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2546 on: February 15, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
I PLEAD THE THIRD

smjjames

« Reply #2547 on: February 15, 2012, 09:30:58 PM »
What's the tall black pillar (looks black on the isometric anyways, plus some trees are bugged out and look black) in central Rift and Solea Auspiktan? Just west of the lavafall.

Anyways, I'll explore the unmapped areas either to the southeast or southwest

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2548 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »
Unfinished sequoia. It came from nuesession with sequoias phase.

smjjames

« Reply #2549 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »
Okay. Also, when I was looking through the thread, I saw that some had a grey rectangle in the post, what was up with those? It was mostly early on, but those stopped appearing. Not sure if it's my iPad or something.

Just wondering what's the origin of the 'earthquake' that earthquake forest and katoquake cliff are named after? Also seems to be the origin of how the ampluterra outpost area looked different, had a building there and now is obliberated? Simply curious here.

I did read up to the period when the 'quake' happened, which was back in November, but I don't get what the cause was.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:16:17 AM by smjjames »