Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2614883 times)

smjjames

Re: Blacraft
« Reply #6450 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »
I found no results from those coordinates in logs between September 8 and March 24. You sure you wrote the y coordinate correctly?

When is your save from?

The save was from earlier this week, after Ros had done the griefing.

I was reading from the main list, not the height at head/feet part. Though I guess try 95 since I thought 94 would be the block at the level of my feet, not just below my feet.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:31:37 AM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #6451 on: April 06, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
I thought it was older. Please don't use tools to take copies of the world. You know that you can abuse it, the exact same reason why the seed shouldn't be public, it's not legit to do that.

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #6452 on: April 06, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
Great Mighty Blanoxium Bla
If you let this small and poor potatoe even talk with You, I must say that You should have ordered this pesky peasant to not make it! If You Greatness "only" say 'please' to him, he would NOT hear you!

smjjames

« Reply #6453 on: April 06, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »
I thought it was older. Please don't use tools to take copies of the world. You know that you can abuse it, the exact same reason why the seed shouldn't be public, it's not legit to do that.

The only reason I copied it was so I didn't have to rebuild the entire farm from scratch on a creative mode sp game so I could test some things.

I had no intention of using it to find ore or reveal any unexplored areas (it's basically 100% explored under there anyway). Don't even need the save anymore though.

If you let this small and poor potatoe even talk with You, I must say that You should have ordered this pesky peasant to not make it! If You Greatness "only" say 'please' to him, he would NOT hear you!

Huh? If you put it there and forgot about it, ok, then I forgive you.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6454 on: April 06, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
The only reason I copied it was so I didn't have to rebuild the entire farm from scratch on a creative mode sp game so I could test some things.

I had no intention of using it to find ore or reveal any unexplored areas (it's basically 100% explored under there anyway). Don't even need the save anymore though.
But that is not a legit use of the world. The world is on survival mode. If you need to test things on it, you should do it in survival mode. You can test things you want to place in there in creative mode, but if you want to do things in Blacraft it should be done in survival mode, whether it's testing or whatever.
I didn't think you were using it to find ores. But I thought we had gone past the issue of just copying the world through unlegit add-ons as you like without even asking when we talked about the seed issue long ago.

Huh? If you put it there and forgot about it, ok, then I forgive you.
He's refering to my post, kol.

smjjames

« Reply #6455 on: April 06, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
I'm not planning on using it again, in fact, I even removed the mod off of the MagicLauncher.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6456 on: April 06, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »
bla so we have to waste thousands of resources to test something that may not even work?

smjjames

« Reply #6457 on: April 06, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
We can still test whatever it is that costs thousands of resources in creative mode sp.

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #6458 on: April 06, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »
I think I died from laughing when Bla said testing should be done in survival mode.  :D

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6459 on: April 06, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
yqt has won the battle against bla being überreich legit blacraft is done we can all go home now

*insert thread lockage here*

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #6460 on: April 06, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »
thanks for the'ü'

smjjames

« Reply #6461 on: April 06, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »
Lol darv.

He does say that we can still test stuff in creative mode. Bla was just trying to make a point that it isn't legit to copy parts of the blacraft world and put that in a sp world.

Although I could have copied it and then used single player commands to select the farm and use that.

If I was able to just map the farm itself, I would have.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:37:04 PM by smjjames »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #6462 on: April 06, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
can't wait to build my auto-matic and semi-automatic potion farms

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6463 on: April 06, 2013, 03:44:46 PM »
no smjjames bla is thinking that you are copying it then inserting it back in the blacraft world

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6464 on: April 06, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »
anyways using that method to find ores takes too much effort for anyone on this forum to do that

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #6465 on: April 06, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »
[move]yeah just poll it away from yqt and smj
[/move]

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #6466 on: April 06, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
no smjjames bla is thinking that you are copying it then inserting it back in the blacraft world

no darvince he isn't

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #6467 on: April 06, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '103542'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:51:19 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6468 on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:34 AM »
Wow you people. -_-

I think I died from laughing when Bla said testing should be done in survival mode.  :D
I said that if you want to do it on the Blacraft map, you should do it in survival mode, and that I don't care what you test in creative mode as long as you don't download the Blacraft map. And why is that funny?
No, that's an ridiculous accusation. What are you basing that on?
I'm going to use up all the collective storage resources for "testing" new skyscraper designs in Revolutea ^^
Good luck polling that away. When you haven't even set one up yourself, I don't even think you should be able to vote resources from other collectives for non-state projects.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #6469 on: April 07, 2013, 05:44:22 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '103545'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:51:17 AM by FiahOwl »

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #6470 on: April 07, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
I said that if you want to do it on the Blacraft map, you should do it in survival mode, and that I don't care what you test in creative mode as long as you don't download the Blacraft map. And why is that funny?

You offered no suggestion on how to prevent it. Your boldness to assume that people will just follow what you say (which, I will admit, is generally going to happen) is what I was laughing at.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6471 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:45 PM »
You offered no suggestion on how to prevent it. Your boldness to assume that people will just follow what you say (which, I will admit, is generally going to happen) is what I was laughing at.
I didn't state that I assumed people would follow it, so I don't see how you could laugh at something I didn't say.

I offered no way to prevent it because I don't have a way of preventing people from doing it. And I simply don't have time to sit and research every single Minecraft-exploit when I already made a whitelisted server I only let people onto who I trust to some degree (where I have also been wrong in the past, obviously).

But if people want to play Blacraft survival, it should not be hard to see that downloading the map unlegitly and then putting it into creative mode, whether it's for planning, testing or for finding minerals or other rare things only to go back on the server with an advantage obtained unlegitly, is a wrong thing to do on this server. That is a point I at least want to get across to people.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6472 on: April 07, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
til testing something that you were going to remake in survival mode if it worked is an unlegit advantage

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6473 on: April 07, 2013, 12:29:40 PM »
til testing something that you were going to remake in survival mode if it worked is an unlegit advantage
...If you use an exploit to download the map and convert it to creative mode on your own computer, where you then do the testing, of course it is an unlegit advantage.

Yqt1001

• Airline Empires
« Reply #6474 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:31 PM »
...If you use an exploit to download the map and convert it to creative mode on your own computer, where you then do the testing, of course it is an unlegit advantage.

In the same sense you can download models of bridges online and use programs to edit the models to make changes to them?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #6475 on: April 07, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »
i think google sketchup is in creative mode you get unlimited materials

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #6476 on: April 07, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »
it's limited by your computer's loadingness

smjjames

« Reply #6477 on: April 07, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
it's limited by your computer's loadingness

Completely besides the point :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6478 on: April 07, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »

In the same sense you can download models of bridges online and use programs to edit the models to make changes to them?
That has nothing to do with the point. Making bridge models isn't a game like MC survival. If you download a bridge model for Minecraft and mess with it in creative or survival then that's unrelated to Blacraft.
But if you download a bridge from Blacraft and [copy text from my example above], then you again get an unlegit advantage nobody could've got by simply using the Minecraft vanilla to play on the server.

I don't even want to have to come up with definitions for when it's ok and not ok to use third party tools to download the Blacraft map etc. It's never ok unless you ask and get permission.

Anyway I see that I still can't possibly be nice to people with this frustration so I'll leave the forum and Blacraft for at least one month if people would have any reason to want me to come back that is. I should be working on school project anyway. Words can impossibly describe my frustration and pain with this situation.

I'll still graph those stupid, pointless collective storages. Statistics seem to be the only evidence that time is actually progressing in this grey and dead world. Then again summer vacation will be a disaster.

Bye for now.

smjjames

« Reply #6479 on: April 07, 2013, 11:05:09 PM »
Okay, I apologize for opening the whole can of worms with the copying using third party programs.