Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Changing Units in US2  (Read 4304 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Changing Units in US2
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '159112'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:14:09 AM by FiahOwl »

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
Re: Changing Units in US2
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 05:26:44 AM »
I'd like there to be a configurable unit system for measuring things such as mass, radius, SMA, etc. I hate having to switch from lunar dist to AU for every single planet I click on if I want to see their SMA. I additionally dislike having to use moon masses, for example. I prefer dealing with Earth masses. Could this be added in a future update? Or is it already in the game, and I just am missing something?
I think it defaults to lunar distance because of the last update, I think it's just a bug.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »
I was just messing around with the units and the "Auto" setting is a little strange sometimes. It seems like some of the time it chooses the unit with the smallest integer. And other times it is arbitrary, like selecting lunar distance for semi-major axis when, for example, Earth's would maybe be best displayed as 1 AU.

All this to say I'm not really sure how the Auto setting works, I'll ask the team. :D

Being able to set the default unit type for each property is also a good idea, though. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean not having to reset the unit type each time you close and open a property window? That alone might do a lot to help solve the issue.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '159486'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:13:27 AM by FiahOwl »