Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2 planets sharing the same debris-rings...  (Read 5864 times)

Yannos

2 planets sharing the same debris-rings...
« on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
I have been experimenting since a few days that I got the program from Steam.

Up to now I managed to place 2 planets close together, after experimenting with different distances and masses, so that they would not collide. At the same time I managed to have them both orbiting around the system's sun despite their close distance and difference in masses. Then I placed some rings on each, waited for the system to stabilize and voila:

2 planets sharing the same debris, travelling close but not orbiting one the other. The little hump on the right was unavoidable. The system stabilized that way because of the sun's gravity. But the good part is that it wasnt enough to take for himself any of the ring material.

Could this happen in reality? I am really curious. By the way I am a chemist-analyst so I have no idea of these stuff. Keep it simple as in university physics.

Thanks a lot.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: 2 planets sharing the same debris-rings...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »
extremely cool

welcome to the forums

but i believe that is ubox 2 by looking at the interface
^^
this is ubawx1 forum

Yannos

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »
extremely cool

welcome to the forums

but i believe that is ubox 2 by looking at the interface
^^
this is ubawx1 forum

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm a bit confused about the 2 versions to be honest. I just bought the version that was available on Steam. I guess that is the first one. I found out there is a "sequel"  :P just a few minutes ago that I joined the forums. The interface is just velocity based colors with no background and all options UI is hidden.

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »
The Steam version is the second one.