Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Problems When Going Full Screen  (Read 10780 times)

NukeCentral

Problems When Going Full Screen
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:32:19 PM »
I just recently purchased Universe Sandbox for my Windows 8 PC, and it launches just fine, until I try to go into full screen mode or expand the window. When I do this the screen goes black and I cannot exit the game until I sign out of my account on my PC and sign back in. I think there may have been a problem with installation or compatability, but I have a very expensive computer designed for gaming, so I would be very disappointed if it is not compatible.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here would be able to provide a solution to this problem. I have played this before on my old computer and I really enjoyed it but now I can't get it on my new high-dollar computer. Is there anything I can do? I will continue to look for a solution, but if anyone here knows anything, please let me know. Thank you.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
Re: Problems When Going Full Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »
this is the help section, anyone who needs help comes here and we help them no matter the urgency of help.
have you tried letting it load? mabye there was a background but you couldn't see it? move the mouse to the sides to check for pop-ups.
so to clarify, it worked when it was small but does not work when big/full screen? can you drag the sides so see when the turning point is?
does just moving the screen work? not expanding just moving it into a corner? does minimizing work
it works for me.
are you using steam?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
It strange that you'd have a problem given that the full screen mode doesn't actually change any of the screen settings, it just makes itself the size of your screen and sets itself to always be on top of other windows.

Are you pressing Alt+Enter to go full screen?

(you're welcome to post a new thread for each bug, in fact I'd prefer that. No worries about what the other person said)

Remadon

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
Hey there!

This is an issue with Windows, and I had it too.
For me, im running on Windows Server 2012 (and for the sake of running applications is basically the same as Windows 8. Same Compatibility layer at least.)

You can fix the issue in a few easy steps.

1.) Find your install directory
By default steam should install it at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Universe Sandbox              (For 64-Bit Windows)
or
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Universe Sandbox              (For 32 Bit Windows)

2.) Find 'Universe Sandbox.exe' and open its properties with right-click.
Once here you should see a window with sever Tabs, such as General, Compatibility, Security, ETC.
You want the compatibility tab. Once there, Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
and select Windows 7. Now you're done in properties, hit "Apply" At the bottom and close out.

3.) Create a shortcut on the desktop to your EXE (Right click Universe Sandbox.exe and Send to > Desktop (Create Shortcut)) and delete the link Steam put there, as it won't follow the compatibility options we just set for the exe.

Cheers and Good Luck!
-Remadon

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »
Very clear answer and instructions.

Good job.

NukeCentral

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »
Hey there!

This is an issue with Windows, and I had it too.
For me, im running on Windows Server 2012 (and for the sake of running applications is basically the same as Windows 8. Same Compatibility layer at least.)

You can fix the issue in a few easy steps.

1.) Find your install directory
By default steam should install it at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Universe Sandbox              (For 64-Bit Windows)
or
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Universe Sandbox              (For 32 Bit Windows)

2.) Find 'Universe Sandbox.exe' and open its properties with right-click.
Once here you should see a window with sever Tabs, such as General, Compatibility, Security, ETC.
You want the compatibility tab. Once there, Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
and select Windows 7. Now you're done in properties, hit "Apply" At the bottom and close out.

3.) Create a shortcut on the desktop to your EXE (Right click Universe Sandbox.exe and Send to > Desktop (Create Shortcut)) and delete the link Steam put there, as it won't follow the compatibility options we just set for the exe.

Cheers and Good Luck!
-Remadon

Thank you so much, this worked.

I would like to thank everyone else as well, I didn't check this thread for a while because I have been busy with school but I appreciate the intended support.