Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: teehee  (Read 6054 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
teehee
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
For homework we have to make alphabigraphies. These are things that are about a subject that affects your life...

Minecraft is a really fun game that I play. It was developed by Markus Persson, who is a Swedish C++ programmer. Markus Persson founded Mojang Specifications as well. Minecraft is a survival game in which you can do many things. You can mine many different ores underground. Mining is not just digging underground, to get the most out of it, it is best to have a methodical way to mine. There are x different ores you can find underground. Coal is a common ore, as is iron. These two can be found near the surface. Gold, diamond, and Lapis Lazuli are found further down. Near the bottom is abundant with all of them, and is the only area you can find redstone. You can also build with certain blocks, if you can mine them. You can make a house, or other useful/useless things. You must survive attacks from creepers, spiders, skeletons, and other mobiles that are agressive. They can shoot fireballs and use other weapons against you to kill you. Using ores and other materials, such as wood, cobblestone, etc, you can craft (using the 2x2 craft grid, or 3x3 crafting box) new blocks such as rock stairs, pickaxes, torches, and other useful items, including cake (yes cake is useful). Using redstone's special properties, you can craft compasses and clocks, as well as make circuits. To smelt ores, you need a furnace. After you find them, it is a good idea to smelt them to get the material from them that is most useful.
   Minecraft affects me by helping me to strategize, and unlike most games, doesn't "melt" your brain. It is a strategy game, and actually gets you thinking. Minecraft also affects me by just being overall, fun. It's a boredom buster!

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: teehee
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
what the asdf

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »
You are abhorring my work

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
AND GIANTS.
AND DUNGEONS.
AND BIOMES.
AND SLIMES.
AND PEACEFUL MOBS.
AND FLOWERS.
AND CLOTH.
AND YOU.
AND WATER.
AND LAVA.
AND OBSIDIAN.
AND ADMINIUM/BEDROCK/whatever you want to call it
AND AIR.
AND (ZOMBIE) PIGMEN.
AND TREES.
AND TOOLS.
AND BUCKETS.
AND MEAT.
AND MULTIPLAYER.[/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:09:45 PM by Naru523 »

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »
You are abrasing it, Darvince! :P
You even plagiarized it. :P

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
For homework we have to make alphabigraphies. These are things that are about a subject that affects your life...
Minecraft is a really fun game that I play. It was developed by Markus Persson, who is a Swedish C++ programmer. Markus Persson founded Mojang Specifications as well. Minecraft is a survival game in which you can do many things. You can mine many different ores underground. Mining is not just digging underground, to get the most out of it, it is best to have a methodical way to mine. There are x different ores you can find underground. Coal is a common ore, as is iron. These two can be found near the surface. Gold, diamond, and Lapis Lazuli are found further down. Near the bottom is abundant with all of them, and is the only area you can find redstone. You can also build with certain blocks, if you can mine them. You can make a house, or other useful/useless things. You must survive attacks from creepers, spiders, skeletons, and other mobiles that are agressive. They can shoot fireballs and use other weapons against you to kill you. Using ores and other materials, such as wood, cobblestone, etc, you can craft (using the 2x2 craft grid, or 3x3 crafting box) new blocks such as rock stairs, pickaxes, torches, and other useful items, including cake (yes cake is useful). Using redstone's special properties, you can craft compasses and clocks, as well as make circuits. To smelt ores, you need a furnace. After you find them, it is a good idea to smelt them to get the material from them that is most useful.
You mean alphabiographies (which is actually 26 chapters which describe your life).
In fact, I plagiarized it within your quote.
I am actually not sure what you mean.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
what the asdf

deoxy99

• ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
what the asdf
By the way, NeutronStar, he programs in Java, not C++.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
It's both.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:29:55 PM by NeutronStar »

kevin94

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »

Naru523

kevin94

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 08:08:09 PM »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
How is Minecraft a strategy game? It's more of a first person, sandbox, action game.

Either way it is quite excellent.

And can we stop telling other people that they fail? Thanks.

Naru523

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
With multiplayer I guess it could be a strategy game, but mostly a sandbox game.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
With multiplayer I guess it could be a strategy game, but mostly a sandbox game.
How is Minecraft a strategy game? It's more of a first person, sandbox, action game.

It's not. I didn't have any ideas. :P

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »

At first I though you were saying FPS, then I was like, yup.

matty406

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 06:31:13 AM »
In college we're studying research techniques, for second hand research I wrote up about Markus, Mojang (and history of it), and of course Minecraft (and it's popularity).