Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When is the next update coming?  (Read 18603 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: When are the next update coming?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:59 AM »
Hey everyone. Sorry for the extended absence.

It's true, I've been at Betelgeuse where I've been working on the next big update.

I'm no longer the sole developer of Universe Sandbox. Because of the success on Steam I've been able to hire two additional developers (Chris and Georg) to help make Universe Sandbox even better.

Chris has been rethinking the way the code is organized and how all the internal systems work together. Georg has been totally focused on graphics, creating awesome shaders for the planets and amazing procedural textures for the stars. I'm really pleased with the progress we've already made.

While there are many new features that I want to start working on right now, we're thinking long term to make sure the code base will be ready for all the exciting features still to come.

It's going to be awhile before the next major update is release, but I'll be posting new screenshots later this month and saying more about it soon.

Later this month... Less then a week ehh?

DenisineD

Re: When is the next update coming?
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »
Can't wait to see those screen shots! :)

Kevin1994

• New Space will we ever get up there? I hope so.
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
are you going to show the pic yet dan  ;D

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
Those titles are actually good names for planets...

Kol.

FiahOwl

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »
Those titles are actually good names for planets...

Kol.

I want to just Planeting delete those messages.

FiahOwl

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

It's true, I've been at Betelgeuse where I've been working on the next big update.

I'm no longer the sole developer of Universe Sandbox. Because of the success on Steam I've been able to hire two additional developers (Chris and Georg) to help make Universe Sandbox even better.

Chris has been rethinking the way the code is organized and how all the internal systems work together. Georg has been totally focused on graphics, creating awesome shaders for the planets and amazing procedural textures for the stars. I'm really pleased with the progress we've already made.

While there are many new features that I want to start working on right now, we're thinking long term to make sure the code base will be ready for all the exciting features still to come.

It's going to be awhile before the next major update is release, but I'll be posting new screenshots later this month and saying more about it soon.

Two months later...

FiahOwl

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »
We're not focusing on detailed planet surfaces, but look look for some work-in-progress screenshots in the next 7 days.

I'm focused on that :D

I seem to be the only textureer right now... :(

I somehow missed this... But wow, that's great. Can't wait.

Also, how was Betelgeuse?

He wanted to stay at Betelgeuse but it went Novae. We will see the novae in about 600 years.