Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Super novas etc?  (Read 4534 times)

Razor92

Super novas etc?
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
Hi, i love this sandbox and am extremely interested in the universe and astronomy. Ive recently watched "Journey to the edge of the universe" with commentary from Sean Pertwee. (absolutely a must see) for a third time and i thought that maybe this could include some events that ive seen from that programme including super novas, hyper novas, quasars etc. Are they actually possible right now in this sandbox? if not i hope they can be included in future updates ;)

hgfggg

Re: Super novas etc?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
I don't think they are, not fully. Super and Hypernovae: No, unless you use the explode feature to create thousands of objects(And lots of lag). Quasars: Fire Hundreds of objects Up at high speeds near the black hole at the center of a galaxy.

Razor92

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
yeah exploding stars into loads of pieces with loads of lag doesnt seem to have the same effect in reality lol nor do quasars. But thanks, that is a way to create a slight sim of it though i suppose. But definately would love full support of these features as lets face it stars dying, are a big part of the life of the universe, same with them being reborn aswell.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
quasars? :)
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,4009.0.html

also, although i haven't tried this out yet, you can sprinkle a ton of debris in a dense area (make sure the combined mass is around 1/2 a sun+) and watch them combine to ignite a star! I love it how once an object gets big enough, it suddenly starts glowing :D