Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SDK, API, or otherwise Plugin development  (Read 3661 times)

eps_coder

SDK, API, or otherwise Plugin development
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »
Hello,

I just downloaded the sandbox and it's pretty amazing.  I'm a developer and I wanted to find out if I could make my own customizations/automations via an api, sdk, or other plugin architecture. I can't seem to locate anything on the subject.

Thanks!

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
Re: SDK, API, or otherwise Plugin development
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
There is no support for that right now.

eps_coder

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »
That is disappointing...

Any plans for this in the future?

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 11:24:36 PM »
That is disappointing...

Any plans for this in the future?

It is something we are considering, but it is still unclear how we would go about it, and it is not on any immediate todo lists.

How would you envision it working for it to be useful?

eps_coder

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 06:40:53 PM »
Well I would imaging a couple scenarios immediately that I could make use of as a developer.

The big one would be adding,editing,deleting objects to a simulation via code and setting simulation parameters programmatically.

Another would be writing custom even handlers to do things on say a planetary collision event, an objects settings change, etc. 

Adding custom rendering handlers...so I could add custom rendering piece of code that could draw say disk with some opacity that trails behind a planet or objects orbit on it's orbital plane to more clearly show it's plane of orbit in the simulation, (for example).

The basic ability to do those things for starters would open up a whole bunch of possibilities.