Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some Improvements and Suggestions [More to Come]  (Read 2864 times)

Ellipzocore

Some Improvements and Suggestions [More to Come]
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:51:09 AM »
Playing this game for a while now, and I love it. I always look forward to new updates. Granted it is only in Alpha, but I some improvements that should be up for consideration along the way. This list will continue to grow as I continue to mess around with more and more.

Improvements:

-Better post-impact stuff: If a planet is hot enough to be molten, it shouldn't keep impact craters after it cools as it would be liquid.

-Thermodynamics: Any body that is hot enough should radiate heat to surrounding bodies. It would be nice to have a moon turn molten from orbiting a planet that is so hot it acts like a blast furnace.

-Automatic magnetic field generation based on ferrous composition and rotation rate.

-There shouldn't be convective cells on white dwarfs and neutron stars.

-Maybe a revamped launch system, where you can hold down the mouse button and continuously launch whatever at a specified rate. The continuous firing could be optional.

-Supernovae should obliterate everything within a certain radius, and its color scheme should be based on ratios of materials. Also, they should look different each time.

-When vapor of one body accretes around another, it should add to its mass.

Suggestions:

-Add tides to planets with water

-Add life formation.

-Plate tectonics would be cool if there was a way to implement it.

-Be able to change the atmospheric characteristics such as color, thickness, and composition.

-Spaghettification for Black Holes.

-Accretion discs

-Stellar winds/stellar storms.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:03:04 AM by Ellipzocore »

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
Re: Some Improvements and Suggestions [More to Come]
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:06:12 AM »
SPH should solve a good portion of these :)

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
SPH should solve a good portion of these :)
I'm a bit skeptical about SPH

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »
SPH???

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 08:59:43 PM »
SPH???

Smoothed particle Hydrodynamics. I's where if the gravity is strong enough in an area then instead of a planet being a "solid body" it will become more like a sphere of particles which will individually be affected by different things, making many things more realistic, or some things possible at all.

Ellipzocore

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
SPH???

Smoothed particle Hydrodynamics. I's where if the gravity is strong enough in an area then instead of a planet being a "solid body" it will become more like a sphere of particles which will individually be affected by different things, making many things more realistic, or some things possible at all.

Like Roche limit fragmentation, tidal deformation, and spaghettification around black holes. I am intrigued that this is being implemented to some degree, at least. I think this will be needed as you can have things go relativistic speeds.

bw_mutley

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 03:17:47 PM »
Do you think it will be able to fully simulate Tidal Locking and body fragmentation due Roche's limit? I guess the computational cost of this would be a bit harsh...