Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Suggestion - Miscellaneous Objects  (Read 3920 times)

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
Suggestion - Miscellaneous Objects
« on: August 05, 2016, 06:39:54 PM »
Wormhole - In the game, it would basically be just an aesthetic object, appearing as a strange light distortion like in the movie Interstellar.

Black Dwarf - The cooled remnant of a white dwarf. A massive, smooth chunk of carbon or other metals floating in space.

White Hole - An object with negative mass, and thus negative gravity.

Energy Vortex - Another aesthetic object. The name pretty much says it all; it's a vortex of energy. The player could consider them portals, interdimensional rifts, etc.. Mass and radius are entirely customizable (not bound to each other). The color would be customizable.

Ion Cloud - Basically just a very small nebula. Like the energy vortex, this object's mass, radius, and color would be customizable. The players could also customize its shape.

Niel amstronge xd

• Black Holes are fun!
Re: Suggestion - Miscellaneous Objects
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 03:27:24 AM »
great ideas :)

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 06:25:58 AM »
I wouldn't really wait long enough for white dwarves to dissipate into black dwarves and also we don't know how a black dwarf even looks like. White holes would be incredibly difficult to simulate and are theoretical so we don't know how they look and energy vortex sound silly.

However the wormholes and Ion cloud seem quiet meaty and I would like that. But don't call it an ion cloud. It's just a nebula

JMBuilder

• The demand for memes is high.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 06:50:47 AM »
Keep in mind that we already have objects like pool balls and the bizarre mirror things. An energy vortex would fit in right alongside them. I put it in for the sake of having an object for recreations of systems from sci-fi stories and the like.

And yeah, we don't really know what a black dwarf would look like. I figure that it would look like a smooth ball of whatever element the white dwarf was primarily composed of.

The white hole was something I just tossed in there, so it's "meh." :P

DoctorWh0?

• You...shall not...pass!!!(This physics test)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:53:39 AM »
Wormholes...Hrrmmm... ???

scruffygamer

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 11:23:44 PM »
Maybe we could include white holes as a fun feature. We all know that white holes most likely don't exist, but it would be fun to mess around with. Just change the codes of the black hole to negative and give it a white glow.

ainymac

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 04:53:36 AM »
Rama: I think adding Arthur C. Clarke's Rama to the game would be super sick. Especially passing it through the sun to get all that sweet  nuclear juice.

Only2ndplace

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
I think of all these suggestions, adding nebula would be most fun.
They are realistic, there's real world examples and it could look quite beautiful.
It could also tie into star creation.

MD2903

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 12:21:56 PM »
I think a nebula would be a good suggestion.
Black dwarfs would not be that difficult to simulate. It would be cool to see those in the game.
White holes would be extremely cool but extremeley difficult to simulate.

I don't like the Wormhole and energy vortex though.