Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planetary Nebula's added into the game? Supernova changes?  (Read 3162 times)

Planetary Nebula's added into the game? Supernova changes?
« on: December 24, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »
Hello Dan or whoever reads this, I would like to ask if there is any plan for different colored supernovas, they seem to look the same no matter what unlike real supernovas!
Just an idea that might improve the game!

~~Thanks!~~
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:43:26 AM by TheKidWhoLikesSpace »

vmorgo

Re: Supernova idea?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 07:55:36 AM »
Not sure I agree with this....the (admittedly few) supernovae I have seen looked fairly unique, though the coloration was much the same.  I think that's a matter of the physics involved and the composition of the supernova (mostly hydrogen).  Colored novae are more the result of the energy from the neutron star or pulsar at the nova's center exciting/energizing the matter in the expanding clouds of gas surrounding them.

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »

crashman1390

• New years resolution:grow beard, shaved every day.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 02:26:43 PM »
I'd like to see this for planetary nebulae for stars under 8 solar masses.

More Boosters

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 03:36:40 PM »
Not sure I agree with this....the (admittedly few) supernovae I have seen looked fairly unique, though the coloration was much the same.  I think that's a matter of the physics involved and the composition of the supernova (mostly hydrogen).  Colored novae are more the result of the energy from the neutron star or pulsar at the nova's center exciting/energizing the matter in the expanding clouds of gas surrounding them.

Most stars going supernova aren't mostly hydrogen anymore.

DenisineD

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
that would be soooo nice! Imagine doing a solar system in a planetary nebulae....sure for the remaining planets ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 06:55:18 PM »
Planetary nebula's would be cool!
So would different colored supernovas I mean I like them supernovas in this game but I wish they would have a different feel/look to them for example
The sun = planetary nebula
Betelgeuse = supernova
Vy Canis Majoris = Hypernova + blackhole
I mean it would be cool to add these mechanics!

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »

Something likes this would definitely be cool I mean I'm kind of sick of the same Green, yellow, brownish/goldish color of a supernova

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
Ok I agree except for the hydrogen part because that's incorrect but I wont waste time explaining it instead I will take about the game,
First of all Supernovas are never always the same color, look at a nebula, now look at a different one, they will never look the same, but in this game they always look like clouds with the same color and same feel, Yeah sure some Supernovas in this game can end up doing a different cloud-ish explosion look but the colors never change, Supernovas almost always have a different color to them, depending on the mass of the star and if it will form into a Blackhole or a pulsar, I mean I'm not forcing Dan or whoever is the physics/art designer to change the Supernovas but it would definitely be cool for them to change the mechanics
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:42:22 AM by TheKidWhoLikesSpace »