Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Suggestion for Alpha Announcements  (Read 2014 times)

Gordon Freeman

Suggestion for Alpha Announcements
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:36:11 AM »
Could there be an additional sub-section on the alpha release posts saying what will be worked on for the next Alpha so we know what to expect? I think that'd be pretty neat!

Arian

Re: Suggestion for Alpha Announcements
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 04:46:03 AM »
Maybe not release based because I wouldn't like to see "dead line pressure" coming from the forums, like: "You said feature XyZ would be in that next release, but it is not!"
That would lead to hasty work and quality loss and or delayed releases.
A general progress table of features that are worked on, showing what milestones have been hit, would be nice though. By milestones I mean things that make you devs say something like "Yay, I got it working!". The progress could be measured in per cent of the aimed for functionality to make that feature be in the next release.
That's assuming you work with a "To Do Before It's Ready For Public" list at all.

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
Yea I think we should know what to expect in the next versions

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:31 AM »
Maybe not release based because I wouldn't like to see "dead line pressure" coming from the forums, like: "You said feature XyZ would be in that next release, but it is not!"

Georg has actually done a pretty good job of gradually developing SPH even though practically every new person on this part of the forum has whined about it.

I didn't necessarily mean a "Target features list", just a table of what bugs will be looked into and corrected, what will be polished, etc.

Arian

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:31:56 AM »
Yeah kind of a list of things that are worked on and notes of things that have seen some progress.  Maybe updated on every new release and saying what made it into that and what needs more work still.
I got you, but I wanted to make sure.

I'd really like to see lists of potential features, even if some of them are put on ice for some time or abandoned altogether. It gives us an idea what to expect and what to suggest without repeating the same ideas over and over again.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
Yeah kind of a list of things that are worked on and notes of things that have seen some progress.  Maybe updated on every new release and saying what made it into that and what needs more work still.
I got you, but I wanted to make sure.

I'd really like to see lists of potential features, even if some of them are put on ice for some time or abandoned altogether. It gives us an idea what to expect and what to suggest without repeating the same ideas over and over again.

Yeah, I'm getting quite tired of people suggesting life, especially on the Steam forum, it's a good idea but it gets annoying after awhile...Plus, US isn't a biology simulator it's a solar system creator...