Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What file formats are supported for models?  (Read 3225 times)

hohonator

What file formats are supported for models?
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
Every time I try I type in the name of a .3ds file that I want to use, Universe sandbox crashes. Can you please tell me why Dan? I know I should've put this in help, but I've already started typing. So please tell me why, and what formats are supported. Thanks!

hohonator

Re: What file formats are supported for models?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
And also, this has nothing to do with what I asked, but whenever I, for say, have a solar system, and I turn.... the earth to a black hole, nothing happens. Even no matter what I turn into a black hole. Nothing happens. If its the earth, it just keeps on orbiting the sun like nothing's happened, and nothing gets sucked into it or anything. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!  :):):):):)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
When you turn an Earth, sun, or most other objects into a blackhole, nothing should happen. The only difference between a blackhole and the object is that it's swarschild radius is smaller than it's physical radius. Inside the swarsvhild radius, nothing can escape. But everything on the outside keeps orbiting as usual as it would in reality.

hohonator

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
Then what is the point of it in universe sandbox? What can you do with it? And what about the models files?

:) :)

Unreal2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »
What he tried to explain was just because you made Earth a black hole doesnt mean you changed its MASS, it still weighs the same as Earth therefore nothing will change with any orbits, you have to increase the mass of an object to make it "suck in things".  Anything can be made into a black hole if you make it dense enough, for example you would have to smash Earth down to a radius of 9mm to make it a "black hole" but even if you did the moon would still orbit the same spot the same way since the mass never changed just the density/size.