Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [SUGG] Option to have auto orbit set the inclination, tidal locking, node, etc?  (Read 4029 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
I'm making a system. And there are outer Gas Giants with 60+ moons. It is really time consuming making the Axial tilt of the moon correct to it's orbital plane. Can you add an option to have auto orbit set the bodies orbit to match with the equator of the larger body?

Ex: Jupiter is tilted 12.3 degrees. Putting a Venus and hitting auto orbit would set the inclination of Venus to 12.3 degrees, the node to where the orbit matches the equator, and sets the x,y,z tilt of Venus to make it so if you land on the planet and look at the sky, the planet moves very little.

It takes a few minutes to get 3 moons done. Not to mention a few hours for around 30 more. many more... For ONE solar system.. Not to mention the few dozen AT LEAST I plan to do this year this winter-spring.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
You should just be able to place them automatically in a plane along the equator of the calculated parent body.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
You should just be able to place them automatically in a plane along the equator of the calculated parent body.

Thats a simpler explanation of my idea :P

smjjames

I think Dan has said that having an adjustable orbital plane (it's locked at 0 right now) is in the works for US3.