Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Alpha Centauri AB System  (Read 5969 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Alpha Centauri AB System
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »
RELEASED! See post 5.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:15:46 PM by FiahOwl »

smjjames

Re: Alpha Centauri AB System -- Work In Progress
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »
Nice, is that an accretion sim?

FiahOwl

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 12:56:20 PM »
Nice, is that an accretion sim?

Nope. Bodes law.

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:13:55 PM »
I see. Be careful with the placement and size of your gas giants since a single large one is enough to wreck the whole thing. I forget the point where the outer ones turned into wrecking balls, somewhere between a large neptune and a small Saturn I think. Massive ones close in are safe though as they'll hold their own. Also, if you have the two stars in an inclined orbit, your planes will eventually shift their inclination to roughly that of the binary orbital plane.

FiahOwl

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
I see. Be careful with the placement and size of your gas giants since a single large one is enough to wreck the whole thing. I forget the point where the outer ones turned into wrecking balls, somewhere between a large neptune and a small Saturn I think. Massive ones close in are safe though as they'll hold their own. Also, if you have the two stars in an inclined orbit, your planes will eventually shift their inclination to roughly that of the binary orbital plane.

I manually put in the inclination and node for the plane of the binary star's orbits, as you can observe since the milky way is at an odd angle.

FiahOwl

Re: Alpha Centauri AB System
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »
:D

YOU MUST HAVE THE FIAHTEXTA PACK (Get it here) IN ORDER FOR THE PLANETS TO WORK PROPERLY!

There is a bug where custom textures don't show up, so sorry about the weird textures.