Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eden - The Book of Evangelion Project  (Read 18356 times)

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
Eden - The Book of Evangelion Project
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:56:30 PM »
Welcome to the official discussion thread/topic about the Eden - The Book of Evangelion Project, so what was this project all about? You may need to read further below...

What's this project?
This is a project for a book of Evangelion...not literally a book of words but instead a great simulation of almost the whole universe of Eden, this will require time and patience to finish and can be accessed by almost everyone through its website.

What should we discuss?
We will discuss about this project and your Universe Sandbox creations, this might require some other tools to do so because we will need the exact right information of your creation to make a realistic universe, galaxies, systems and etc...

What should we do?
Simple! You should have Celestia and/or AstroSynthesis and of-course Universe Sandbox, you will need to write your own description of your ubox creation w/ a screenshot of each celestial bodies and the whole solar system, use some online generators if you can't/don't know how to write a proper details about your planetary systems and its bodies to make sure that its suitable for life(habitable) or inhabited by a non-intelligent lifeform or not.

FEEL FREE TO POST TO THIS TOPIC FOR MORE INFO!  ;)
Yeah, i wrote the details about a bit crazy. I'll fix that later!

smjjames

Re: Eden - The Book of Evangelion Project
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »
Evangelion? I think I've read that book, neat sci fi book. Not sure about the Eden part though.

Also, you could do an accretion thing if you have the time to do one.

I have astrosynthesis, although I haven't played around with it, as for Celestia, I'll check that out as it's free.

As for systems, I have one that could be used, although the outer planets aren't completely stable yet and I want to let it run for maybe another 5 thousand years of sim time to check stability further, which would probably be a nights worth of simulation since it goes FAST. It has two habitable worlds, one is a very warm planet and one which is definetly a cold world. The hot one ranges from Earth normal to 129 F average and the cold one goes from 49 to 14 F, which would make it about 31.5 F average. With more CO2, that one would be somewhat warmer. While both planets are in the extremes, life would find a way to adapt.

Edit: Not really sure how Celestia would help here.....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:08:35 PM by smjjames »

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:18:14 PM »
You might be referring to the manga/comic and the anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion and its remakes Evangelion - You CANot Advance movies...

Celestia is used to photography anyway and also optional because Astrosynthesis and Stargen is the best when it comes to simulating every aspects of astronomy which helps us a lot when simulating it in Universe Sandbox.

Can i have a picture of you system? Its sounds interesting!

I've bin working on this project since 2008 and still on-going, nowadays, the tools used have bin changed and applied to the project.

And almost forgot to write History for your planet IF populated w/ intelligent life-forms, if you love to read history books then you should be able to write your own fake history and may take YEARS to finish or so! Mine is almost finished and reached the so-called Age of Divinity or the time when man reached its limitations and became divine as Gods which allows them to create almost everything except God.

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
Oh that, haven't read the manga but have seen a bit of the anime and I was thinking of something else apparently.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
The reason why i called this project Evangelion because of its meaning The Gate through the Heavens

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
We should make a wiki about this.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:53:38 PM »
Great idea! But i won't inform many people about this yet since the simulation is still in development stage and some test species does many crazy stuff like endless mating and giving birth that leads to instant extinction due to low natural resources  :P and there's still a problem in orbit and terraforming system.

Will put some screenies later!

FiahOwl

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
Great idea! But i won't inform many people about this yet since the simulation is still in development stage and some test species does many crazy stuff like endless mating and giving birth that leads to instant extinction due to low natural resources  :P and there's still a problem in orbit and terraforming system.

Will put some screenies later!

Here is something I did a while back:

Americana Seven
Revoluta

I could set up a wiki in a few minutes, just ask.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »
Nice work but i need the distance information, let's see if the species of man can survive in your system  ;)

This project will have its own website and the simulated universe is free-to-access but no one can roam nor edit them except the staff members and contributors/owners

FiahOwl

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:40:36 AM »
Nice work but i need the distance information, let's see if the species of man can survive in your system  ;)

Check this out then ;)

smjjames

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
Heres some screenshots of the system. I tried to run it for a while longer and decided that the save I'm putting up is as stable as it gets. I didn't name the star (which is a G9 spectral type I believe), so you can name it whatever.

As for the planets, the inner four (not counting the two high inclination objects, which are the size of large moons) have been pratically rock stable. There could be a shift in argument of periaspis and node over tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of years as I saw that while in accretion mode, but that should be of no consequence as far as habitability. The first planet is certainly the hardest to survive due to it's extreme temperature swings and the fact that it's year is 198 days long (a little over six months), but life will find a way to survive. The second one is much milder and the climate would maybe be something like Alaska at it's equator, the life forms there would have all kinds of adaptations to the cold and dealing with ice and snow. The third and fourth ones are pretty much giant Marses (Mars's?) or possibly a giant Europa if theres enough waiter and with a thicker atmosphere, the third one might at least be marginally habitable.

The next two out are .58 and 2.22 Earth sized objects and I'm not sure about future stability or what they'll do.

The final three are super Earths with masses of 38.1 (a mini Saturn or a giant Neptune really), 6.19 and 3.50 Earths respectively. They're keeping each other way out there and possibly moving further out still, so they won't cause a problem.

I kind of wish I had put in some other eventual gas giant planets further out, it just seems like it lacks a gas giant. Just about every extrasolar system that we've found seems to harbor at least one gas giant.

Anybody know how to simulate a dense atmosphere with the simple atmosphere settings?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:32:10 AM by smjjames »

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »
Nice work but i need the distance information, let's see if the species of man can survive in your system  ;)

Check this out then ;)

Didn't see that, anyway you did a very nice job on the spreadsheets

Heres some screenshots of the system. I tried to run it for a while longer and decided that the save I'm putting up is as stable as it gets. I didn't name the star (which is a G9 spectral type I believe), so you can name it whatever.

As for the planets, the inner four (not counting the two high inclination objects, which are the size of large moons) have been pratically rock stable. There could be a shift in argument of periaspis and node over tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of years as I saw that while in accretion mode, but that should be of no consequence as far as habitability. The first planet is certainly the hardest to survive due to it's extreme temperature swings and the fact that it's year is 198 days long (a little over six months), but life will find a way to survive. The second one is much milder and the climate would maybe be something like Alaska at it's equator, the life forms there would have all kinds of adaptations to the cold and dealing with ice and snow. The third and fourth ones are pretty much giant Marses (Mars's?) or possibly a giant Europa if theres enough waiter and with a thicker atmosphere, the third one might at least be marginally habitable.

The next two out are .58 and 2.22 Earth sized objects and I'm not sure about future stability or what they'll do.

The final three are super Earths with masses of 38.1 (a mini Saturn or a giant Neptune really), 6.19 and 3.50 Earths respectively. They're keeping each other way out there and possibly moving further out still, so they won't cause a problem.

I kind of wish I had put in some other eventual gas giant planets further out, it just seems like it lacks a gas giant. Just about every extrasolar system that we've found seems to harbor at least one gas giant.

Anybody know how to simulate a dense atmosphere with the simple atmosphere settings?

Can you take a single shot of each orbiting bodies with their descriptions?

EDIT:
I have an idea making a RTS-Simulation game for each species of your systems submissions with a different maps based on different planets, will gonna use the openRA engine, you can try the engine here!

Good thing is that it has a multiplayer system that will make each of us rage the universe LOL!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:51:13 PM by gf11221 »

smjjames

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »
Can you take a single shot of each orbiting bodies with their descriptions?

I can do that, sure. Not sure if I'll have both habitable planets harbor sapient species or not. The third and fourth ones could plausibly be giant Europas, so they could have lifeforms.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
Use stargen with the same properties in your systems xml file then regenerate it... see if one of them is terrestrial  ;D

smjjames

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
Use stargen with the same properties in your systems xml file then regenerate it... see if one of them is terrestrial  ;D

Are you talking about using Astrosynthesis? I'm not sure how to do that with an xml file and stargen in Astrogenesis.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:25:56 PM by smjjames »

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
No, Stargen is a browser-based random star system generation program, i usually use it before making a simulation of a system in astrosynthesis and universe sandbox

FiahOwl

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
Just so you know, stargen was made over 30 years ago. Long before we discovered the first alien solar system. It's terribly inaccurate.

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
Just so you know, stargen was made over 30 years ago. Long before we discovered the first alien solar system. It's terribly inaccurate.

Yeah i know, i can fix that. I don't want some bunch of glitches on the simulation  ;)

Gonna get the new Universe Sandbox

smjjames

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
Maybe I'll do this in a sort of RP style.

Warning: Lots of pictures ahead.

incoming probe transmission.....

Star buyiut898796790
Spectral Class: G9
Mass: 0.81 suns
Temperature: 4990 K
Luminosity: 0.48

Planet family:

Pnhlb

Mass: 1.22 Earths
Surface gravity: 1.10 g
Orbital Period: 198 days.
Atmosphere: Carbon/Oxygen/Nitrogen mix
Average Temperature: 93.5 F (range is 58-129 F)
Native life forms: carbon based. Wide range of adaptations to heat and extreme temperature swings.
Sapient species: Mkteracci. Arthropod type evolution path.

Fdcsshuu

Mass: 1.42 Earths
Surface gravity: 1.12 g
Orbital Period: 288 days
Atmosphere: Carbon/Oxygen/Nitrogen mix
Average Temperature: 33.5 F
Native life forms: Carbon based. Wide range of adaptations to cold and dealing with ice and snow.
Sapient species: Hdgnaanuu. Semi-aquatic reptilloid cetacean evolution path.

Hjikkuun

Mass: 2.07 Earths
Surface gravity: 1.27 g
Orbital Period: 1.22 years
Atmosphere: carbon/nitrogen mix
Average Temperature: -32 F
Native life forms: unknown, simple life forms probable

Arhyub

Mass: 5.99 Earths (Europa analogue)
Surface gravity: 1.76 g
Orbital Period: 2.19 years
Atmosphere: unknown composition
Average Surface Temperature: -113 F
Native life forms: Subsurface ocean dwellers.
Sapient species: none

Tuntiss

Mass: 0.58 Earths
Surface gravity: 0.75 g
Orbital Period: 3.61 years
Native life forms: none

Vdann

Mass: 38.1 Earths
Surface gravity: n/a (Gas Giant)
Orbital Period: 8.73 years
Atmosphere: Hydrogen, helium. methane mix with ammonia and water ices
Average Temperature: -153 C
Native life forms: none

Oricay

Mass: 2.03 moons
Surface gravity: 0.26 g
Orbital Period: 4.58 years
Atmosphere: none
Native life forms: n/a

Raqu

Mass: 1.95 moons
Surface gravity: 0.23 g
Orbital Period: 3.79 years
Atmosphere: none

Galinorme

Mass: 6.19 Earths
Surface gravity: 0.98 g
Orbital Period: 14.3 years
Atmosphere: hydrogen, helium, methane mixture with various ices

Emtassa

Mass: 3.50 Earths
Surface gravity: 1.46 g
Orbital Period: 15.7 years

Tinthp

Mass: 2.22 Earths
Surface gravity: 1.46 g
Orbital Period: 2.98 years

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
You did a nice job man! This will be listed on the contribution notes, i will inform you guys if the forums is open to public...the forums for the Evangelion Project

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Just to announce that i'll remake this topic soon as possible to clean-up!  ;D