Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Habitable zone display could use some clarification  (Read 3401 times)

Silvermistshadow

Habitable zone display could use some clarification
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »
I figured it out myself, at least I think I did, by assuming that the inner green sphere represented the inner edge of the habitable zone and the outer green sphere the outer edge, but perhaps this could be stated somewhere within the program itself. I was almost going to suggest that it go to a red inner blue outer configuration, but then I thought of those with color blindness.

Somewhat related question: What color should a K0V star with a surface temperature of 5250K look like in visible radiation?

Speaking of radiation.. Should I make another topic to suggest possible views in other spectrums of light? (to be put with the color options thing along, with 'Realistic' possibly being changed to 'visual')

gf11221

• The God of Evangelion
Re: Habitable zone display could use some clarification
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »
Like Dan saids "Universe Sandbox 2 is still on development and accepting request for future updates"

Goto Community Ideas List and suggest there!

Anyway, your talking about the habitable zone spheroid then its color isn't changeable else it depends on the color of the object you are talking about  ;D

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »
Somewhat related question: What color should a K0V star with a surface temperature of 5250K look like in visible radiation?

This is what I used:
http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/starcolor/

And I agree, the habitable zone indicator could be much better:
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,4243.msg40015.html#msg40015

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »
You should change the habitable zone view back to the solid thing except defined as a sphere, like before how it was a torus.