Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: i need a media folder!  (Read 3826 times)

luciencd

i need a media folder!
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »
sorry but i have been expirementig with textures and schtuff so i need a copy of the media file cuz there are plenty of files that are jumbled togeter

luciencd

Re: i need a media folder!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:54:52 AM »
i need to know how to make extra planets. for a different system without canging the textures. how can i make new planets in the "new planet" tab. i am running out of planets to put my textures on.
i request a tutorial on how to use the ubox xml whatever its called to make new systems without editing the original one.
 ???   

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
sorry but i have been expirementig with textures and schtuff so i need a copy of the media file cuz there are plenty of files that are jumbled togeter

Your best bet is to follow these steps:

1 - Rename the current install folder to another name (from 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox' to 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Current') - You may get a message saying this will mess things up. As long as you follow these instructions, you won't.
2 - Download the setup file again from this website.
3 - Reinstall Universe Sandbox into the default folder.
4 - Rename the new install to another folder (from 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox' to 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Fresh')
5 - Rename the 'current' version back to the original name. (from 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Current' to 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox')
6 - You now have an original copy of the media folder here: 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Fresh'
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:14:47 PM by Dan Dixon »

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 03:49:14 PM »

Your best bet is to follow these steps:

1 - Rename the current install folder to another name (from 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox' to 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Current') - You may get a message saying this will mess things up. As long as you follow these instructions, you won't.
2 - Download the setup file again from this website.
3 - Reinstall Universe Sandbox into the default folder.
4 - Rename the new install to another folder (from 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox' to 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Original')
5 - Rename the 'current' version back to the original name. (from 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Current' to 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox')
6 - You now have an original copy of the media folder here: 'c:\program files\Universe Sandbox Original'

Ack..  was going to type the same thing...  :P

luciencd

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
thanks!