Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Life on planets idea.  (Read 2884 times)

DoctorWh0?

• You...shall not...pass!!!(This physics test)
Life on planets idea.
« on: April 16, 2016, 06:24:14 AM »
After getting the planet above an 80% life likelihood, life should start appearing, according to the light spectrum of a star. An example is that the atmosphere reflects different spectrums of light through, or the stars spectrum is different from G2, our Suns spectrum. For example, Life should be black if the star is high in infra red radiation, like a red dwarf. More info here: :http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2007/spectrum_plants.html

Copy paste the url into browser.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:21:29 AM by DoctorWh0? »

quantumMechanic

Re: Life on planets idea.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:19:17 AM »
I think the devs already have a simple life simulation planned, but a feature where life differed based on light spectrums sounds like a cool idea. It'd be awesome to see planets with orange or pink vegetation.

Maybe the types of life that appears could differ based on other things as well, like global temperature, amount sunlight certain parts of a planet get, amount of water a planet has, etc.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:19 PM »
I think the devs already have a simple life simulation planned, but a feature where life differed based on light spectrums sounds like a cool idea. It'd be awesome to see planets with orange or pink vegetation.

Maybe the types of life that appears could differ based on other things as well, like global temperature, amount sunlight certain parts of a planet get, amount of water a planet has, etc.

I'm sure pink vegetation would be nearly impossible to find realistically. It's basically like having white plants--how are they going to absorb any light like that?

quantumMechanic

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »

I'm sure pink vegetation would be nearly impossible to find realistically. It's basically like having white plants--how are they going to absorb any light like that?

Yeah, that's true. I was just giving an example haha.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »
I don't get it, what's the point? This is just a gravity/physic's simulator, not Spore.

DoctorWh0?

• You...shall not...pass!!!(This physics test)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
It would just add a nice touch to the game, but thats about all I would expect from the devs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:42:02 PM by DoctorWh0? »