Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: some ideas i thinks should be added  (Read 4316 times)

dylan

some ideas i thinks should be added
« on: December 31, 2015, 08:35:23 PM »
some ideas that i think should be added are
1. tidal force distortion: tidal forces should distort the shape of a planet or moon.

2. atmoshere hight seting: the ability to make a planets atmoshere reach farther into space

3. add the galixy Ic1011 to universe sandbox 2 when galixy texters are added

I think all theas ideas shoud be added because they are good ideas

Physics_Hacker

Re: some ideas i thinks should be added
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 01:59:01 PM »
some ideas that i think should be added are
1. tidal force distortion: tidal forces should distort the shape of a planet or moon.

2. atmoshere hight seting: the ability to make a planets atmoshere reach farther into space

3. add the galixy Ic1011 to universe sandbox 2 when galixy texters are added

I think all theas ideas shoud be added because they are good ideas

1. This will come when SPH is implemented, no worries.

2. Thats actually a nice idea, but I'd think that this would actually be controlled by the atmosphere thickness; thicker atmospheres are going to be taller (to a certain point, of course) and thinner will be "shorter". Also, I think the thicker the atmosphere, the foggier it should be, as a thick atmosphere would make it hard to see the planet compared to a thinner atmosphere.

That probably would've been implemented, but good suggestion.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:56:56 AM »
Also, I think the thicker the atmosphere, the foggier it should be, as a thick atmosphere would make it hard to see the planet compared to a thinner atmosphere.

That depends on the composition of the atmosphere in question, since different gasses reflect light differently.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
Also, I think the thicker the atmosphere, the foggier it should be, as a thick atmosphere would make it hard to see the planet compared to a thinner atmosphere.

That depends on the composition of the atmosphere in question, since different gasses reflect light differently.

True, but in general speaking, the thicker the atmosphere it is, the foggier it'll be. That would come after atmospheric composition is added, my idea could theoretically be implemented now...?? As it doesn't require the composition.

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
Im a bit skeptical about SPH.

bw_mutley

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
What is SPH?

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 07:02:03 PM »
What is SPH?

If I may answer instead of, or at least before, one of the devs, SPH is Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics, and is a way of calculating the way things move and behave using a system of particles instead of one solid body (like what is used now) Though, since when implemented it'll probably be a little bit of a performance hit I'm sure, the system will work in a way that this only "activates" on a body when there's a high gravity gradient (like around a black hole or when two planets collide) Otherwise it'll continue using a hard-body meathod like what's used now.

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:22 PM »
So when this is implemented, we'll be able to see a black hole "suck" the gas from a nearby star, like I've seen on BBC Horizon (or similar)?

Korn Sirkel

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 09:09:52 AM »
wouldn't it be cool if wormholes was added?

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »
If I may answer instead of, or at least before, one of the devs...

Nice explanation and you are correct in the way we will need to keep the fast and simple method running unless there are anything strongly fluid going on. It is, however, not on the near term planning board right now, since we try to focus on extending the fast system first. See the Roche videos for examples of that https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenleafDk

Angel Armageddon

• Destruction!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »
If I may answer instead of, or at least before, one of the devs...

Nice explanation and you are correct in the way we will need to keep the fast and simple method running unless there are anything strongly fluid going on. It is, however, not on the near term planning board right now, since we try to focus on extending the fast system first. See the Roche videos for examples of that https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenleafDk

You think you could add the Roche limit, and SPH and keep the current collision system and you could switch between them (in the settings) and keep the one that best fits the user.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »
See the Roche videos for examples of that https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenleafDk

Looks pretty stable and moderately polished... how come it isn't in the user version?

Also, will friction be added to the particles that come off of bodies being torn apart? Realistically, I don't think the rings would stay intact very long since they're so dense, and so the particles would collide, slow down, and fall towards the larger body.