Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Neutron stars among other things  (Read 3501 times)

Fluffers

Neutron stars among other things
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:56:04 PM »
So, when I first hopped into the game, all I did for a few hours was just play with planets and collisions. After a while, I wanted to test my knowledge on the actual advanced workings of stars and black holes. "A quasar, I'll make a quasar!" I foolishly told myself, assuming that the game was that complex. I spent hours plopping down various types of black holes and setting stars and other masses into a radical orbit around the black hole, only to learn that, sadly, quasars were non-existent in the game.

Next, I tried to create a pulsar. I knew that some where in the game already, but I wanted to see if I could create one based on my knowledge of how they're born. But, to my surprise, neutron stars weren't in the game  :o :o :o

It confused me that pulsars were in the game, but not neutron stars, as pulsars are a result of neutron stars.

There's also a minor issue that I take with some of the other features of the game, such as supernovae not completely obliterating everything near it, black holes not having anywhere near the gravitational pull that they should have, hypernovae (super-luminous supernovae) being non-existent, all of them are minor on their own but put together they generally decrease overall satisfaction.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game, absolutely, and will continue to play with planets as a god for a long time, but there's always room for improvement.

Darvince

• 差不多
Re: Neutron stars among other things
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 10:42:36 PM »
Quasars are a type of galaxy, so it wouldn't make much sense to be able to do that through placing black holes and stars. They are from dust interacting with black holes to create intensely high energy particles, so it wouldn't make sense to be able to create a quasar from stars and black holes. Also, black holes have just as much gravitational pull as objects of that mass that are classical would have, so a 1 solar mass black hole will not change the orbits of any of the solar system's objects at all.

afan

Re: Neutron stars among other things
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:06:00 AM »
There's also a minor issue that I take with some of the other features of the game, such as supernovae not completely obliterating everything near it
Why it should? By shockwave? Do you seen the (average!) density of stars to believe that it can create something stronger than just super solar winds?
The planet will more likely be slowly melted and evaporate (if it has time to decay supernova) by strong luminosity, radiation and winds of matter than just turn in to dust in a moments of meeting with the "shock wave".

And objects wich are really near the giants are more likely will be melted and desintegrated even without supernova explosion.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.