Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I've learnd  (Read 3283 times)

johnabi

I've learnd
« on: May 04, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
if we make mistakes just say if there were not mistakes you, me and everybody would not be here nothin would be here.:) 9 im not saying that it was a mistake for us to be made)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: I've learnd
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »
Why do you think we wouldn't exist if there were no mistakes?
The physical laws don't judge what are and aren't mistakes. Mistakes is simply our word for things we think are wrong and accidental to do. There are so many things that are mistakes that it would be nearly impossible for mistakes not to exist.
But still, how do you connect it to claim that we wouldn't be here without mistakes?

space guy1

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:02 AM »
actually its true.  the early universe was just full of gas.  that gas was nearly perfectly uniform, but not exactly.  those nonconformities (i think thats the right word) eventually allowed the gas to collapse in on itself and form stars, galaxies, and planets.  if it had been uniform then it would have stayed a gas and just gotten thinner and thinner as the universe expanded.  so we all owe our existence to the fact that perfection is impossible and mistakes are unavoidable.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »
I didn't say anything about perfection though, something doesn't have to be perfect for it not to be a mistake. :)
But it still depends on your opinions and what you think is a mistake. We can have different opinions, so I could call something good that you might call a mistake, and in that way it's not a fact that our existence relies on mistakes.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:32:01 AM »
So then, if for some reason there were no mistakes, then to continue to have none, a person would have to exist to say it is good.

Wait what?  :D

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 10:51:46 AM »
Again, I wouldn't define beneficial mutations as mistakes, but that's probably just me. :P

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 04:12:09 PM »
I think the only people who would think it's a mistake, would be the people who like the new Google.