Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [FEEDBACK] Changing Planet  (Read 2827 times)

Universip

• Universe Sandbox² is AWESOME !
[FEEDBACK] Changing Planet
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:11:36 AM »
I found an annoying bug.
I placed the earth and lauched ton of asteroid.
While the earth was cooling down, the texture suddently changed to that of a random exoplanet.
It's quite annoying because I can't see the earth after it cooled.
Also happen with other bodies.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:44:03 PM by C7 »

Chris

• Developer
Re: Changing Planet
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:16:11 AM »
What you are seeing is the "work in progress" state of a feature that causes planets to change their topology when completely molten. Not a bug ;)

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:28:37 AM »
I had that happen when I accidentially increased hydrogen on Earth, after I tried to put it back to normal, it looked like a random generated planet.

Universip

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »
Oh ok, it's not a bug.
I hope it will be improved in the future, because it happen instanly, instead of slowly changing.

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:41:39 AM »
It shouldn't slowly change. If you turn a planet's surface into lava it will instantly churn and convect, and when it cools, a totally different surface will generate. In reality (depending on spintime and mass distribution), the surface should actually be almost perfectly smooth.

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
What you are seeing is the "work in progress" state of a feature that causes planets to change their topology when completely molten. Not a bug ;)

Also, just a suggestion. There should be a tool that lets you draw the topology of a planet. A tool that enables you to draw mountains and valleys!

Universip

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 09:53:52 AM »
I agree with gabriel.dac.
But the planet surface wouldn't instanly change to something other.
It's like :
Earth BAM Mars
The surface would slowly cool down, forming the new.

Zeron

• I just bought universe sandbox 2 ( 9 17 14 )
Re: [FEEDBACK] Changing Planet
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 03:28:12 AM »
Actually i find this interesting but

I noticed some changes in the planet

When i was using the simulation in the open folder ( Earth,Sun,Moon ) i smashed Ceres ( added 5 ceres's in it to make it bigger ) and the planet was molten then i fast forward and the planet cooled in a new topography but!

The atmosphere dissipated ( around 200 degrees ) and the planet was barren and it looks like it is frozen and when the temperatures finally reached 20 degrees the blue atmosphere appeared but the temperature of the planet suddenly turned -273? how on earth  did this happened and their is water on the surface but the land was frozen, there is a sun and a moon on the simulation but the earth was different

and the funny thing was there are city lights on the dark side but when it returns to day the topography is different ._.

??? bug?