Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some questions regarding how to do things  (Read 3403 times)

patster21

Some questions regarding how to do things
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
1. How do I fire a body at another body? In Universe Sandbox 1, it was possible to select an option, which, when adding a body, it would fire the body at where your mouse pointer was at a variable velocity.

2. How do I explode a body?

3. How do I disable supernovas?

4. How do I add life to a planet? Modifying the organics slider does not seem to have any effect whatsoever.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: Some questions regarding how to do things
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »
1.To launch bodies, you can use the 1-9 numbers on the keyboard. Or you can launch objects under "powers." Select "Body Factory." However, you can't set the velocity (yet).

2. For now, exploding bodies is still being worked on, so Giant Army hasn't added that ability yet.

3. You can't right now, but maybe in the future.

4. You can add different materials to planets and moons under the "powers" tab. It's called the "Dispenser." Even though you can't see it visually, it does have an effect on the object's composition. I think visual effects for organics will come later (as in, seeing it grow on the surface).

Camacha

Re: Some questions regarding how to do things
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »
I think 3 is actually possible. By using the Realistic switch in the edit menu I think you can turn off stellar evolution and thus supernovas.