Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox 3 - Couple of questions  (Read 2853 times)

Cizuz

Universe Sandbox 3 - Couple of questions
« on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »
After watching the demo video, I am quite excite bike at the moment, but a few things weren't really covered.

I'm buying it, doesn't matter(I actually bought 15 copies of US2 to give to friends immediately when I first bought it) but i'm wondering.

DOES THIS GAME HAVE NEWTONIAN GRAVITATION OR RELATIVISTIC GRAVITATION?

It seems I can not find that ANYWHERE. As someone in the field, I adored US2 but... It wasn't really accurate. This is hugely important to me, while i'll still buy it, if you let me know exactly what equations or set of equations you are using for this version I would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.

A few other notes.

Do planets form accretion discs after they pass the Roche limit of an object? In the universe, if a planet were to get really close to a star, or a black hole it would break apart forming a disc around the object known as an accretion disc.

How are you guys modelling star formation?! It looked amazing, not going to lie, but a few things I took issue with, but you guys have your limitations as well, will it simply form a single star or a solar systems!?

smjjames

Re: Universe Sandbox 3 - Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »
I'm hoping for the roche limit to be functional in this version as well.

I think accretion disks were mentioned at some point though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:40:33 PM by smjjames »