Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm an idiot.....  (Read 3859 times)

hohonator

I'm an idiot.....
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
As the title says, I'm an idiot. And being an idiot, I decided to mess aroun with the file tools in universe sandbox. Doing so, I decided to open up the data folder in the universe sandbox folder. And, like an idiot, I dragged the appearance XML file into the box and accidentally turned it into a ubox file. And I don't know how to reverse it. Now when I try to open US, it crashes. So, I looked in the logs and, like i predicted saw errors about the appearance XML file, which is now a ubox file. So, I need to know how to either get a new appearance XML, or reverse it possibly. Thanks!

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: I'm an idiot.....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:41:24 AM »
just guessing; you can probably just delete everything and reinstall.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:54:02 AM »
Unless something in the file was changed, I would assume you could just type .xml at the end of its filename (and delete .ubox if you see that), then it should become a working XML file again?

Otherwise, I guess reinstall, or maybe one of us could upload or send the file if that's legal and they're all the same.

hohonator

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:54:42 AM »
I'd rather not delete everything and reinstall. I have a lot of sims ive created. I wish somebody could just copy and paste theirs and I could download it, and at least see if that would work. So can somebody please do that? Thanks! :) :) :)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »
Here's the Appearance.xml file:

hohonator

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 01:41:16 PM »
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!!!!

Omnigeek6

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
I'd rather not delete everything and reinstall. I have a lot of sims ive created. I wish somebody could just copy and paste theirs and I could download it, and at least see if that would work. So can somebody please do that? Thanks! :) :) :)

Just a tip:

have a backup copy of your "Simulations" and "Media" folders on something like Dropbox, and regularly copy any new or edited simulations and textures over. If you reinstall, you won't lose your work.