Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Aliens  (Read 1920 times)

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
Aliens
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:38:38 AM »
Hey, someone could help me?
I wanna create aliens, but realistic ones, no these Earth-like things than i frequently see.
Some aliens realistic like the alien planet ones
ALIEN PLANET - LEGENDADO.avi
well, with other characteristics, of course

mrt127

• The sky isn't the limit, footprints on the moon.
Re: Aliens
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 05:57:02 AM »
Well if you want to create realistic ones... I am not expert but here are the features I would recommend:

2 eyes ( allows 3D vision, most animals have it and I would suspect intelligent creatures must have 3D vision to create stuff.)

Fingers and Thumbs ( Yeah sure Dolphins are smart but you won't seem them building a HD plasma TV or a toaster with their flippers!)

2 to maybe 6 arms (  Really I don't think it matters about the arms)

Who knows how life evolves but this is just what features I think an intelligent one will have.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »
Yes, I'd probably go with some grapping devices like our hands.

I don't think vision is necessary, sound could work as well, like in bats, but vision obviously can also work. I think our imagination about it is very biased because vision is our primary sense. :P

You could take inspiration from ants, maybe, if you want something different than the human-like aliens. They're pretty cool and stuff and don't afraid of anything. Maybe the front two legs got some different grapping devices like our hands, and their body became more balanced on the four other legs, and they generally got some alien differencies, which make them more unearthly.

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:38:57 AM »
I will use my imagination, and it is powerfull!
Well, something like an tripod creature, with tentacles in the tail and an ground suckin head?
Better no, i will work on the planet first.
Then the creatures will be easier to make, i think.

matty406

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:53:16 AM »
I think it all depends how OCD you want to be about it, you could do some simple unearthly creatures or go further to factor in evolutionary niches.
I had a few sites in my bookmarks about the topic of concepting extraterrestrial life, but I think I've lost them.
http://waynebarlowe.wordpress.com/artwork/expedition/

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:58:46 AM »
The Daggerwrist idea is awesome. I never imaginated something like it.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '77857'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:12:22 AM by FiahOwl »