Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SimCity 2013  (Read 10805 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
SimCity 2013
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »
So a new SimCity is being developed... It's going to have multiplayer options for regions it seems. Very interesting.
Hopefully it will focus more on large-scale city planning and not go "wohoo my own little micromanaged microworld amusement park" like SimCity Societies.

Share more news here. :P

Wikipedia page (which will probably be updated regularly): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimCity_(2013_video_game)

SimCity Announce Trailer Insider's Look

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: SimCity 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »
Wait, you can't have SimCity 2013, the world is ending! (I'm just kidding.)

Jokes aside, this is exciting, but I don't know if I can get it when it comes out. I hope it's better than SimCity Societies, which does not function on my computer.

But seriously, can anyone help me with SimCity Societies? How'd you get it to work? (I realize this is off topic, don't tell me that it is, I know)

matty406

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:22:52 PM »
Judging by the lack of number on the end of the title, and Maxis' new logo, methinks this is a reboot or the series.
Also, I see an Arco launching near the end of the vid, a reference to SC2000. :P

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
You're slow.

m435

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
HOLY SH**
BACK THE F*** UP
LOOK AT THOSE F******* GRAPHICS

matty406

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
You magnificent bastard

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 11:09:18 PM »
I'm not sure if 2013 is a part of the title. So far it seems like they've only decided on the "SimCity" part of the title, 2013 isn't official I think. The logo also just says SimCity.

But yes, nice graphics.

I hope it will sim on the same scale as SimCity 4, or bigger. Simming a city with at most 30,000 inhabitants isn't fun... Making a skyline feels so strange in that case.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:06:12 AM »
An article.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sim-city-5/1221798p1.html

How stupid that we have to run Steam, Impulse, Origin etc. just because those stupid corporations want to compete over owning a gaming platform. Make ONE platform. Make it VOLUNTARY. I demand it.

Besides from that, looks very interesting. I like how the grid system has been given up completely, also for the zones. I'm afraid that the cities will be on a smaller scale than in SimCity 4 though, which I don't hope... It said something about it being able to simulate "up to 200,000 individual sims", which is impressive considering how detailed it simulates them, but a city with 200,000 sims is still pathetic and not enough compared to the fact that you could build cities with more than a million sims in SimCity 4. And hopefully the regions won't be as tiny as the online regions appear to be, 4 to 10 cities is just not enough, especially not if they can't grow bigger than 200,000 sims.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 06:30:13 AM »

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 06:34:38 AM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
New video.

It looks like cities are going to be smaller than in SimCity 4... With more focus on small insignificant details than the amazing view of a gigantic city. I really hope it will be possible to make million-sized cities and not just a city with 10,000 people who happen to live in a few skyscrapers surrounded by farms.

And kol I really hope those 90 degree rail connections will be fixed.

And "every building has to be placed along a road".......... Very stupid imo. In SC4 you could place wind turbines on farms and they'd look nice and realistic. Pointless to have them along a road.

SimCity | Gameplay Strategy Video #1

matty406

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 01:43:42 PM »
Yeah, I don't want SC to become some 'cute' little model town, with exaggerated proportions. But I don't know, it looks like it might go that way.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
oh god's blood this bard is terrible at singing

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 03:26:23 AM »
New video.

It looks like cities are going to be smaller than in SimCity 4... With more focus on small insignificant details than the amazing view of a gigantic city. I really hope it will be possible to make million-sized cities and not just a city with 10,000 people who happen to live in a few skyscrapers surrounded by farms.

And kol I really hope those 90 degree rail connections will be fixed.

And "every building has to be placed along a road".......... Very stupid imo. In SC4 you could place wind turbines on farms and they'd look nice and realistic. Pointless to have them along a road.

SimCity | Gameplay Strategy Video #1
+1
And I wanna controlable disasters :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »
Kol, I think SimCity was just hyped and looks pretty uninteresting now.

And Origin... Kol they asked for whether I'd recommend it to a friend on a scale from 0 to 10 and asked for feedback. I picked 0 and wrote:

All these different gaming platforms, competing to get users to use them and not the others, for the advertising money. I simply do not want to use 3+ different gaming platforms. My only suggestions would be to merge with Steam and/or abandon Origin. I simply don't see anything I need that Origin offers me that Steam doesn't, other than the fact that EA games are isolated here. But of course there aren't much ad money to be made in choosing either, so I'm not going to hold my breath. In the end, Origin is clearly just a money-machine and not a program made to make the computer-world a nicer place for the users. Steam isn't much different but if we could just have one it'd be decent, thanks.

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '117555'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:04:54 AM by FiahOwl »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:54 AM »
That's true and I don't think a private company should be in charge of making our gaming platforms either, but having  your games fractured into different gaming platforms is really a terrible construction, I think I'd prefer even a full-YouTube (assuming it means they put ads everywhere) Steam over using Origin.
YouTube's ads have simply made me install and ad-blocker so now their ad revenue from me is 0. Maybe I'll consider uninstalling it once they deeply and sincerely apologize for forcing me to watch stupid propaganda when I came to see something else. I guess a similar thing could be developed or Steam even though there are probably several ways that monopolies can harass customers to get money while the collective interests of society are flushed down the toilet. I can live with YouTube as it is now even though I'd never call its construction decent, but I'd rather have it than having to fracture my vids onto several different sites.

matty406

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »
I'm actually thankful for sites that have ads. As annoying as they are, they could always be the opposite; completely ad free but with have horrendous micro-transaction, paywall, or subscription business models.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »
I also understand why sites/games use ads, but I refuse to accept them when they make their ads invasive. If YouTube had just kept banners on the sides or something I wouldn't ad-block them. I disable ad-block for a few sites like Warlight and Astro Empires because I understand that it's the most sensible business model for them given the alternatives and their ads aren't invasive.

matty406

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
Oh yeah really invasve ads are stupid, it surprises me they're actually a valid tactic, which must people actually click them. there are some mobile ads that actually download app installers on their own.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »
Lenintopia

Building megatowers and researching stuff

The two megatowers

matty406

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 07:30:53 AM »
Simcity 2013 really cuts back on the freedom of Simcity 4 and all those before it, but it does bring some interesting new features and mechanics to the table.