Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Button  (Read 3398 times)

kevmachine

New Button
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:32:03 AM »
I am new to the program only got about 10 hours or so on it, it's pretty cool, and I thought id suggest a cool idea I had.  I love when you explode planets, I have a fast computer so I can have up too 150 peice's which makes it look so awesome, but I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could set for a object to explode when another object collided with it? I don't think there is a way to do this, how I think it "could" work, is you select the object you want to explode let's just say earth, and when you go to the explosion screen you could have an extra option like "delay" or maybe like explode with impact.  So when an impact hits the object, in this case earth, the planet will explode apon impact.  Of course the planet isn't gonna explode to peices if a small object collided with it, perhaps the mass of the object and the speed would somehow play into affect, maybe it would be a cool addon in the future just thought id share my little idea :)

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: New Button
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:45:23 AM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:47:03 AM »
Interesting idea. I think it should be a part of the collission modes, which are currently combine or bounce.

A new mode could combine combine, bounce and explode:
* Objects which collide at high velocities explode, into a set number of smaller objects or into a number of smaller objects based on their velocity.
* Objects which collide at medium velocities bounce off each other.
* Objects which collide at low velocities combine.

But it might be useful to have just a single body which can explode when something collides with it in some cases...

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:07 AM »
explosions should make other shapes that perfect spheres :P

actually no asteroids /deformed moons should be perfect spheres...
can't we find or make models and then have them incorporated into the official ubox?

i should stop derailing this now.

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:07:46 AM »
Well, I think Bounce should not be included in that option... It's totally unrealistic, because large bodies combine to each other with a collision, they don't bounce. Heck, I think it should be removed entirely.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
Interesting idea. I think it should be a part of the collission modes, which are currently combine or bounce.

A new mode could combine combine, bounce and explode:
* Objects which collide at high velocities explode, into a set number of smaller objects or into a number of smaller objects based on their velocity.
* Objects which collide at medium velocities bounce off each other.
* Objects which collide at low velocities combine.

But it might be useful to have just a single body which can explode when something collides with it in some cases...

thats like...reverse photon torpedoes! instead of making things explode, they get exploded themselves!

and
"Well, I think Bounce should not be included in that option... It's totally unrealistic, because large bodies combine to each other with a collision, they don't bounce. Heck, I think it should be removed entirely."
no, just no. i use it for many realistic simulations..."

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »
Yeah, for only small objects. For Earths? No.

How about it only enables bounce for small objects like pool balls or halos or the monolith.