Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 3762 times)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
World of Tanks
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »
World of Tanks is an incredibly good quality game considering that it's free to play imo (with benefits for those who pay, though). I've spent many hours playing it since I found it.

http://worldoftanks.com/

Basically, you fight on a map with two opposing teams to capture the enemy flag or destroy all opponents. There are tanks from USSR, USA and Nazi Germany, there are light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, tank destroyers and artillery - you start with a light tank and unlock better tanks and modules by researching, which you can pay for credits (you research using xp from battle, and you also get credits from battle).

Anyone else who is playing this?

Currently, I have a T-28 fully upgraded with the modules I want, and am about half my way to get a KV.
My in-game name is BlaBla44.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:19:40 AM by Bla »

matty406

Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
I got into the closed beta but never really played, because I wanted to start out playing with people I knew, but didn't get round to it.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 01:29:03 AM »
But, is there Poland?

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »
Cool, I play this game too and it really is a lot of fun. My in game name is Bryan331. The game involves a lot of tactics and strategy so if you do play it, don't think you can go to the enemies side and get a few kills before you die.  :)  I also have a T-28 and I'm trying to buy the KV.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
Awesome. I got a KV a few days ago, but I've been almost stuck since. It feels SOOOOOOOO incredibly heavy and slow... If you turn it, you'll quickly slow down to around 4 km/t! If you climb a hill, which isn't even very steep, it'll usually go below 20 km/t. The turret takes a year to turn around. :P

It feels great to bla st the cannon, though (I upgraded to the most accurate one on its tech tree). And the enemy shots often jump off its strong armor, which is great too. But most of all, the program has made a lot of random crashing lately. I'll try fixing it by reducing the graphics soon, then I might be more active again.

It's very hard to get started in, I think, because it feels almost useless in the start, so you only get 100-200 xp. But sometimes when I kill an enemy heavy, I get like 1000 xp. It's starting to feel better now.

But be careful not to get flanked in it. :P

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:04:30 PM »
IS THERE POLAND?

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:33 AM »

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:46:25 AM »
Is there Vatican City? :P

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:48:38 AM »
No, also read my pm about the Vatican City.

People should stop saying I hate the Vatican City when I've never said that I hate it.

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:49:55 AM »
No, also read my pm about the Vatican City.

People should stop saying I hate the Vatican City when I've never said that I hate it.
Umm, Bla, I really thought you said it.  :( <--- Real World Face

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
Kol, this battle. I killed 10 out of the 15 enemies. All of the rest of the team was dead except an AFK tank when there were still 6 enemies left. But the gun I just got for this tank is awesome.

[/bragging]

v.vsokubenko

• I like Unity engine, screensavers and Angry Birds.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 06:56:25 AM »
Guys ! Update 8.6 is here ! Update 8.7 is coming soon !
P.S. My father plays World of Tanks.