Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Parents Not Wanting to Use Credit Cards on the Internet  (Read 3585 times)

Dunkyy

Parents Not Wanting to Use Credit Cards on the Internet
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
My name's Duncan, I'm new around here haha.

I played US for about an hour after I got it, then all the features were locked out D:
I'm only 16, and my parents never do anything with their credit cards online, because they think it could be dangerous.

Is there no other way I could get this game fully? :(
Or maybe a way I could convince them it's safe to do?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:24:11 AM by Bla »

SuperNova

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH!
    • Dreadnaught BG
Re: Hey :)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:46:59 AM »
My name's Duncan, I'm new around here haha.

I played US for about an hour after I got it, then all the features were locked out D:
I'm only 16, and my parents never do anything with their credit cards online, because they think it could be dangerous.

Is there no other way I could get this game fully? :(
Or maybe a way I could convince them it's safe to do?

Hey Duncan.

I got that problem too, my parents wouldn't buy anything on steam too.
Until they added iDeal, thats what my parents always use too buy everything.

Add me on steam (MonoticNova, Intensive Mono Unit, MonoNova). maybe i can do something for you.
(after i come back from vacation)

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Parents Not Wanting to Use Credit Cards on the Internet
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:35:16 AM »
Hey and welcome. :)

I changed the topic title from "Hey :)" to "Parents Not Wanting to Use Credit Cards on the Internet", just so that it's more informative of the problem. I hope it's ok.

To convince your parents, you need to convince them that there are no problems with the security, which could make hackers/etc. obtain your credit card information.
You could try offering to scan your computer fully for viruses before using the credit card. That way any spyware or viruses can't obtain your credit card information, if you find any and remove it successfully.
I use Microsoft Security Essentials, which I think works fine. It's also free:
http://www.microsoft.com/da-dk/security_essentials/default.aspx

Another thing is to make sure that the one who made the site/program (Dan) isn't a scammer who abuses their credit card. I don't think he can see it at all if you pay with services like PayPal or Google Checkout, and I think the fact that he has sold the program to so many before should be convincing evidence to your parents that he isn't a scammer.
Then you need to convince them that Google Checkout/PayPal/etc. isn't a scam. They're huge corporations (at least PayPal and Google) used by millions, so if they abused peoples' credit cards or had security problems, I think they'd be in trouble very quickly (just like Sony ok, maybe you shouldn't say that).

Good luck. :P