Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blacraft  (Read 2605013 times)

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: Blacraft
« Reply #2970 on: March 05, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »
Why not do this path? It doesn't go through water at all.

smjjames

« Reply #2971 on: March 05, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
Might be a longer path and that funny loop south of the lake doesn't seem neccesary as you can just keep going south and not thread the needle between those two small lakes.

Also the ice covered lakes are very shallow, water shouldn't be an issue there.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2972 on: March 05, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
deoxy your path is longer and smjjames path doesn't into water either. It goes through shallow water and the rails are at level 50

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
« Reply #2973 on: March 05, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
deoxy your path is longer and smjjames path doesn't into water either. It goes through shallow water and the rails are at level 50
Huh, did you expect me to know they were that far down into the Earth? No.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2974 on: March 05, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »
den why you give opium on where rail should be if you don't even know what they're liek

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #2975 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
Huh, did you expect me to know they were that far down into the Earth? No.
Actually, all this knowledge is able to be found in this topic.

smjjames

« Reply #2976 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »

That partially submerged landbridge is tricky though and we might have a partial water tunnel as a few blocks to the north or south could end up hitting water.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #2977 on: March 05, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
People, the deepest lakes before the new generation reached layer 55, two layers above the top of the minerails.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2978 on: March 05, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »
i suggest starting on easrten portion of the desert and then going north, under the bay and straight to the auspikitan station.

smjjames

« Reply #2979 on: March 05, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
People, the deepest lakes before the new generation reached layer 55, two layers above the top of the minerails.

Oh, didn't realize that, then we can just keep it going straight south until it hits desert.

i suggest starting on easrten portion of the desert and then going north, under the bay and straight to the auspikitan station.

I don't want it too close to the quarry/mine though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:53:48 PM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2980 on: March 05, 2012, 11:11:14 PM »
Caves are no problem. Water is no problem either. Water tunnels take a bit of time to make, but it's fun and looks much more interesting than just plain stone walls. :)

smjjames

« Reply #2981 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
Anybody got a silk touch enchanted shovel or better yet, a grass block? I'm making an oasis and while I did make a temporary dirt bridge through the bay, grass propogation takes a while....

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2982 on: March 06, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »
AfaIk we don't have any silk touch items. :/

smjjames

« Reply #2983 on: March 06, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
You know the cavern openings I mentioned yesterday? I checked out one of the openings (had to create my own stairway for this one) and it turns out that there is an abandoned mine down there and the mob noises are going like crazy.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:30:55 AM by smjjames »

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2984 on: March 06, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
the dirt grass method isn't too bad, just work on something else while you're at it.

smjjames

« Reply #2985 on: March 06, 2012, 01:32:46 PM »
the dirt grass method isn't too bad, just work on something else while you're at it.

I decided to go explore around the caverns in the swamps. Found several caves, but two of note are one that is very steep and I had to create my own stairway, it leads down to an abandoned mine. The other is a very large passageway which leads to a ravine. I think it may be the same ravine which had holes in the surface under the southwestern portion of the swamp and is filled with water. In that section anyway.

smjjames

« Reply #2986 on: March 07, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »
Heres a list of notable stuff I found yesterday.

-885, 1203 Had to create a stairway as the tunnel is close to vertical and theres a waterfall inside it. Decided not to continue as it leads to the roof of a cavern. Same abandoned mine as -722, 1388?

-928, 1228 large passageway leads to ravine.

-909, 1160 hole above ravine. Just thought I'd take note of this.

-722, 1388 Abandoned mine, entrance established, cave spiders. This one is right next to the oasis I am making. I was investigating mob noises when I found this. There is a passageway that leads directly to the abandoned mine. I only explored the entrance area since I kept getting mobbed by cave spiders and had to retreat, I suspect there is a spawner close by and I think I know where one might be. Anyways, I'm asking for assistance in spelunking this.

There is a small side passage which is a bit of a drop, but it's a dead end and I've blocked it off, the chamber behind the stairs I made is just an area that I dug alot of gravel out of.

Whether that one connects to the one I spotted in the swamps, I have no idea.

Also, would it be useful to have diamond shovels? I have one with maybe 5% durability remaining and another with 99% durability remaining. Obviously it would be kind of a waste considering that shovels are less durable than picks and diamond is rare.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:26:05 AM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2987 on: March 07, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »
Shovels and picks are equally durable, but shovels dig faster than picks mine.
Shovels take 1/3 of the diamond of picks to make.

There's no special blocks which diamond shovels can mine which iron or stone shovels can't.

It depends on whether diamond shovels are sustainable or if we have a massive excess of diamonds which we want to use on diamond picks.
I don't use diamond picks myself, I'm fine with iron.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2988 on: March 07, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
there is a cap. Snow mines fastest with stone and dirt or sand mines faster with iron i think (meaning if you use a better tool, it won't mine any faster).

I stick with stone :P with diamond, the process barely speeds up with rbs and lag and all that

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2989 on: March 07, 2012, 01:21:56 PM »
Number of items in Spawntown Public Storage, (and after the collective storage was built, Spawntown Collective Storage, that one was tracked instead).

Cyan - diamonds
Yellow - gold
Grey - iron
Blue - We do not speak of it
Black - coal
Brown - wood (all types)

Tracked every Thursday from November 11, 2011 until tomorrow so far. Don't ask me how I got the data from tomorrow, but somehow I found it fairly easy to predict what the chests which only I can access will contain.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:28:17 PM by Bla »

smjjames

« Reply #2990 on: March 07, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »
Spawntown collective storage is the same as public storage, right?

Also, which image is for what?

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2991 on: March 07, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »
no the collective storage is exclusively for USBR members. and one image is log scale while the other is not.

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2992 on: March 07, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »
blabla the someone cute made me running around in the pulbic storage whar are the blaze rods? I cannot find in mob drops and kol:

smjjames

« Reply #2993 on: March 07, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
Wheres the collective storage as I've been using the public storage the whole time? I'm not going to take out of the collective storage (which is for large projects I guess?), I'm just wondering where it is.

smjjames

« Reply #2994 on: March 07, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
blabla the someone cute made me running around in the pulbic storage whar are the blaze rods? I cannot find in mob drops and kol:

Look in the dump bins, I think I've seen one in there.

Edit: Or maybe go through one of the netherportals to the base thats estabilished in the nether, there could be some stored there.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:06:34 PM by smjjames »

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #2995 on: March 07, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »
no there were 9 blaze rods in one of the dumping, but now a cute person moved it.

smjjames

« Reply #2996 on: March 07, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »
*shrugs* I haven't done anything with them.

Edit: After a bit of development and some thinking of what I'll probably do, I've decided that the approx area circled below is where I want the station to be. Don't worry about the lava pool as thats filled up (novelty wore off I guess, and the fact that there is no infinte lava) and there is the abandoned mine which runs right in that area just north of the lake.

And before you ask, no I didn't choose the spot because of some entrance I made in the mines (well, okay, one which also happens to be situated well and leads to a large chamber whose floor is at 49), I decided on that area because I feel like it's going to be a crossroads of sorts for what I'm thinking of doing.

Not to mention that you guys can make the rail do a quick underwater tunnel through the lake sometime in the future as its bottom is at 49. I checked myself and it also happens to be at the edge of breath holding capability (I didn't drown).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:22:14 PM by smjjames »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2997 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
Idk where the blaze rods are, I don't think I moved them from the dumping chests.

no the collective storage is exclusively for USBR members. and one image is log scale while the other is not.
Both storages are only for UBSR members.

I recommend people to read the Declaration of the UBSR if you don't know what public and collective storages are.

smjjames

« Reply #2998 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »
Idk where the blaze rods are, I don't think I moved them from the dumping chests.

Both storages are only for UBSR members.

I recommend people to read the Declaration of the UBSR if you don't know what public and collective storages are.

I was also asking where it is in Spawntown, its the same building as public storage? And I get what the two storages are.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2999 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »
No, it is the rectangular building near Kaktoland Bridge and the pool, with the wooden floors.