Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Roche Limit Features  (Read 3054 times)

Cryo

Roche Limit Features
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »
I have tested out the most recent update. I must say, we really need some kind of "zone" to specify where the Roche limit is. It's a minor irritation when i place down a moon sized object and it get's disintegrated around another planet twice that of Earths mass. Something similar to the first Roche limit used in the original Universe sandbox? Thank you for your hard work and dedication...

-Cryo
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:28:01 AM by Cryo »

Hyper_Schnitzel

• Physics is Phun!
Re: Roche Limit Features
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 03:50:36 AM »
maybe they could implement a visual setting to show the roche limit

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:51:07 AM »
That is not a bad suggestion. The only complexity is that the roche limit depends on both the planet you want to place a moon around and on the moon itself, so it would need to update based on what you try to place, but it is worth looking into.

Physics_Hacker

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:51:09 AM »
That is not a bad suggestion. The only complexity is that the roche limit depends on both the planet you want to place a moon around and on the moon itself, so it would need to update based on what you try to place, but it is worth looking into.

I'm not sure if it would work with the new one but the old universe sandbox had a configurable density option, that if you set it to the density of what you're placing, then it would show you the roche limit for that object..

quantumMechanic

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 09:05:53 AM »
Maybe it could work like the habitable zone visuals for stars?

Craftmaster

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 06:04:34 PM »
Genius. Perfect.

Hyper_Schnitzel

• Physics is Phun!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 02:16:57 AM »
i have an idea.

you could have an option, that for the selected object there are roche Limits displayed around all other objects and if you selet another, it goes the same just with that object! :D

i feel genious xD