Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black Holes  (Read 3822 times)

tsarjack

Black Holes
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »
It seems that the black holes do not function as well as science makes them out to. Do not get me wrong the developers have done an excellent job. I just wish they would actually show an animation of the light being sucked into the black hole. like if a sun was nearby just have the light be pulled from it rather than the whole thing moving towards it.

Thanks!

More Boosters

Re: Black Holes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »
I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here. If light from the star is getting "pulled in", then so is the star. If you want to see an "accretion disk of light", that's simply not what happens. In fact, you can only see visible light on one side of a black hole at a time as the other side will be shifted so much that it's no longer visible light.

And neutron stars have their image distorted too; sometimes you can see both poles at the same time! Crazy stuff, but Universe Sandbox 2 has bigger and less exotic fish to fry. Concerning yourself with black hole visuals (and neutron stars if I may add) while stellar evolution is a bit out of place but I guess the time will come for it.

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 04:50:18 AM »
It seems that the black holes do not function as well as science makes them out to. ...show an animation of the light being sucked into the black hole. like if a sun was nearby just have the light be pulled from it rather than the whole thing moving towards it.

First I wonder what it should look like if light was being sucked into the black hole, since the light you see is the light hitting your retina, so only the light escaping the suction would be visible anyway.

The swirly glowing stream from a star towards a black hole, which you may see in illustrations, are not showing the light being sucked off a star, but rather material leaving the star and glowing while it swirls "down the drain"

In US² you can actually see the effect of light being attracted by a black hole, but the effect is that the light is being bent, like by a huge lens. That is the effect which is being observed in reality near heavy objects.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »
So the effect observed would be much as the star is dimmer when you're looking from a position where the black hole is further away from you?

tesco

• Sauce
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:07:12 AM »
They are adding black hole ripping stars apart next update. I saw a video about it on youtube by one of the devs