Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Alpha 17 release date ?  (Read 6254 times)

morpheus747

Alpha 17 release date ?
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:05:31 AM »
I realy love the game but i want the alpha 17 to see if my bug is resolved, soooo .... when you will release a beta or a new alpha to test again?

if you don't know the bug i send was this http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,15584.0.html

THANKS!

Arian

Re: Alpha 17 release date ?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 12:09:48 AM »
You realize that releasing alphas more frequently will not get bugs resolved faster, right?
Just like driving faster will not take you a greater distance before the fuel tank is empty.

Asking when an issue will be resolved is the same (literally) as asking when the ultimate cure for cancer will be found. The answer is always: When it happens.

Arian

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:10:19 AM »

Cryo

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
People like you make me SIACK!
wow wow wow there Gary(ye i said gary) cool yer jets its an honest yet slightly rude question he or she or both doesn't know so we shall inform currently there is no release date for alpha updates.They get announced when the developers are ready to present it to us. Remember to be nice...not rude... 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:18:37 PM by Cryo »

Plutonium

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 12:05:51 AM »
To me the op had a valid reason to be angtious about the new update and didn't really deserve insults or condescending lectures. As mentioned here http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,14772.0.html by Dan there is a roughly monthly scedule of updates, so the updates are not random- if alpha 16 was released 12th Sept than A17 can be expected around 12th October.

Also releasing alphas more frequently may not get bugs resolved faster but it will give access to already solved bugs faster, and driving a car faster may take you more distance- if one was driving 20kph then increasing speed to 80kph will definitely take you further because of the engine efficiency at that speed.

Plutonium

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 06:41:52 AM »
So what if it was in Feb? A15 took longer but the monthly scedule is still there. "Roughly a month" is better than "when it is ready" which has become the euphemism for "f*** off".

Arian

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:28:14 AM »
Also releasing alphas more frequently may not get bugs resolved faster but it will give access to already solved bugs faster, and driving a car faster may take you more distance- if one was driving 20kph then increasing speed to 80kph will definitely take you further because of the engine efficiency at that speed.

Replace the underlined "will" with a "may" and I can agree. It's "may" because there is a big "if". If there are any bugs resolved at all. Waiting for a new release
to see if my bug is resolved
implies that that condition may not be met while a new release is expected anyway.

It's perfectly okay to to hope for more frequent releases, we all want that I guess. But there is no point in cluttering the forum or trying to hurry the devs.
What you call an euphemism is actually the maximum politeness you can expect if you join the people who constantly remove a wounded persons bandages, stick your finger into the wound and ask how the healing process is coming along.

As for the car, I didn't provide any initial speed nor acceleration, supposing average reasonable conditions. It's up to you to decide what's a reasonable frequency of updates and whether it is reasonable to sit at the backseat, yelling "faster, faster".

Plutonium

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:30:16 AM »
No need to to "lecture" me, I am a grown up person who deals with deadlines regularly. Timelines are essential parts of any business and you can't make people stop asking questions about that.

My main point is the updates are not random and there is a schedule however rought it is, so why not just point the guy to the right direction???  Out of all the askers this guy was the most polite and even explained his motives. While you found a really long and boring way of telling him to "f*** off" the other guy just plain insulted him....

I hate space engine forums because of this kind of answers where the hardcore fans are borderline rude and it is sad that this forum shows tendencies of drifting that way.

Cryo

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »
my apologies...i didn't mean to lecture you or anyone,i honestly thought i was simply resolving a problem...but made it worse...

Plutonium

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 02:36:15 AM »
Cryo,
Apologies, my replays were not directed to you .... It's just my tablet that refuses to do quotations...

Cryo

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 03:21:17 AM »
Cryo,
Apologies, my replays were not directed to you .... It's just my tablet that refuses to do quotations...
...oooooh..

Arian

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
Well, I hope we all cooled down a bit and I want to make clear that I only used the very same right of voicing my thoughts as the OP.
Of course it is perfectly legit to ask when a new update might come.
It's also perfectly legit to tell that the question has no (desirable) effect.

Insults or attacks however don't get anyone anywhere near where they want to go, so it's better to not post at all if you would only increase the tension.
If I did so with my reply, I apologize as well.

Plutonium

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »
My apologies to everyone whom I may have offended. Sadly, the road to hell is paved with good intentions....

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 05:32:40 AM »
I meant the whole "Make me sick" thing as a joke... I thought it was obvious with the way I spelled it and the italics. Need to work on my sarcasm.