Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: how do i make my planet green (organics,life)  (Read 6812 times)

Jupiter

• King of the planets
how do i make my planet green (organics,life)
« on: June 19, 2015, 11:59:26 PM »
seriously i heard that you can't do that but it wont let me

Cryo

Re: how do i make my planet green (organics,life)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
it's not implemented at the moment

Dante Kieth Bell

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
@Cryo, if its not implemented, Then how is earth green with life? Because if I freeze planet/heat it up and when it cools all the epic-ness goes away. This is kind of confusing.

Cryo

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 10:54:40 AM »
Earth is the only exception at the moment,Life  all the grass,tree's etc. that we know them as only show up on earth,the other Randomly generated  worlds have yet to have this epic feture maybe later down the road but not just yet...hope this clears stuff up for ya! ((also other workds will most definitely have drastically different ecology so an ice world may have a totally different system all together

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »
Yeah... It will be a great day when organics actually get an in-game function.  But organics are not always green (the foliage and stuff).  Here around our K type star, the leaves absorb the yellow, red and blue light (abundant wavelengths) and reflect the green (lower abundant wavelength).  Perhaps around an M-dwarf (red dwarf), where there is more red and infrared light, the leaves could be blue or even black.  Or around an O type star (not that that is really common or anything) the leaves might be red.  The thing is, around such stars, eg, that O type, there isnt much red light to reflect in the first place, so the leaves might be yellow?  I dont know, but you know that I know that it will be interesting to see this in action when life is added.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:05:09 PM by Electrodynamix »