Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Distance measures?  (Read 2345 times)

VanKorwin

Distance measures?
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:24:07 AM »
Hallo. I saw the Universe Sandbox 2 Videos on YouTube and think, this simulation could be nice (why it is called "game"?) for my needs. I'm starting to write my second Science Fiction book, where some alien solar systems are explored. Until now I used my own simulation Software written in BASIC, but Universe Sandbox 2 looks much better for creating a system faster, and check if it is stable.
In my simulation I can check the distances between two bodies (two planets, or planet and moon). Does US2 have this feature too? The reason is, that I want to describe the size of a moon on a alien planet's sky in comparsion to our sun, (I wrote also a Software that calculates the angle size in dependancy of diameter and distance of a body, very simple ...). My software has this feature (pythagoras extended to 3d space), but it is a pain to enter all the vectors and masses by hand.
If US2 has not this feature yet, this would be a feature request, and surely easy to include. E.g. Distance from current position to selected body, displayed in the information box about the body, maybe optional.
Not purchased the US2 yet, but I think, I will do, if such feature is included. :)

Chris

• Developer
Re: Distance measures?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
Yes, we're adding a tool to measure distances.
Perhaps not in the upcoming alpha update, but soon :)

VanKorwin

Re: Distance measures?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
Yes, we're adding a tool to measure distances.
Perhaps not in the upcoming alpha update, but soon :)
Sounds great! So I will purchase US2 as soon as possible, maybe even tomorrow.